Chapter 22: If you're willing to help, I'll repay you.

The car was driving steadily, but after Huo Junxian finished speaking, the speed suddenly increased and they flew past several cars on the sun-baked asphalt road.

Gu Siyu wasn't that stupid. Even if she spoke gently, it still meant that they were going to imprison her. She pulled her hand away, still feeling the warmth of Huo Junxian's grip, and her palm was sweaty.

She looked at Huo Junxian displeased, "Stop the car!"

The car didn't stop, and Huo Junxian acted like she hadn't heard. Gu Siyu kicked the chair in front of her, startling Teddy who started barking.

"F*ck, didn't you hear me?" Gu Siyu cursed, turning to look at Huo Junxian who was playing with the dog, looking calm.

The car kept driving, and she knew Huo Junxian was going to forcefully take her away. Gu Siyu was thinking of a plan, her gaze falling on the embroidery knife. But before she could finish thinking, the driver stopped at an intersection.

Gu Siyu quickly pushed open the door and stretched her legs out. It was the hottest time of the day, and she felt like she was going to be baked. Gu Siyu breathed a sigh of relief and asked, "Huo Junxian, are you trying to make me angry?"

Huo Junxian spoke up, "Parking is not allowed here. The driver just wanted to come over and stop the car early. You misunderstood."

The car door was open, and the hot air outside was seeping in. Gu Siyu spoke slowly, "Because this matter is important to me, I don't want you to have any relationship with Jin Yuansen."

Gu Siyu got out of the car, and the sun was scorching hot. Only when she was close to the car could she feel the cold wind blowing. She was angry at Huo Junxian's unpredictable attitude. She stepped on the car and said, "As long as the conditions you offer are better than Jin Yuansen's, maybe I will be moved. What are you trying to do with this act?"

Huo Junxian's hand fell on Teddy's back, gently stroking the dog as she thought. She didn't explain, just asking, "Are you coming up or not?"

Gu Siyu retracted her leg, her attitude clear, "No way."

"Miss?" The driver asked.

"Yeah." Huo Junxian looked out the window.

The driver turned the car around and stepped on the gas, speeding away.

Only when the car was far away did Gu Siyu realize she had been abandoned halfway.

The surroundings were noisy, and the heat was still spreading. This city was known as a furnace in the summer, and Gu Siyu's bare skin felt like it was on fire. She was sweating profusely, and her body was losing water rapidly. She cursed at the sun.

This place was not considered remote, and there were upscale residential areas nearby, but no one could be seen on the road. Rich or poor, no one would be crazy enough to come out and sunbathe at this time.

Gu Siyu headed outside and saw a car ready to stop, but when she checked her pockets, she realized she had no money or phone. Jin Yuansen had taken her phone, and now she was a penniless wanderer with no map and no money.

This day was really frustrating for her.

Helpless, Gu Siyu did something really embarrassing. After walking for half an hour, nearly collapsing, she finally met a traffic police officer who could direct her to the subway and lend her money to get home.

The traffic cop was nice, giving her several route options. Gu Siyu felt ashamed and asked the officer to leave his contact information first. Later, she would use WeChat to transfer him the money and thank him again.