Chapter 40: Super crazy

A few days ago, Gu Siyu couldn't move her arms and legs, and she stayed in the hospital every day. After sitting and lying for too long, her whole body was sore.

During the day, it was quite hot, so she walked a few steps in her room by herself. At night, she wanted to go out for a walk, but the doctor wouldn't allow it, saying that she had injured her bones and must rest lying down. Gu Siyu could only be useless, letting others feed her and help her dress.

These simple things could still be solved, but sometimes there were inconvenient things that needed someone to help her walk. It was especially embarrassing. Now that the weather was hot, she had to be assisted by Huo Junxian to take a shower every night. Huo Junxian was a very meticulous person and didn't miss anything.

This was still acceptable. The main problem was that she had to ask Huo Junxian for help to take off her pants in the bathroom every time. She was always uncomfortable with this, and it was like rubbing her face on the ground every time.

No matter how many times, Gu Siyu couldn't get used to it.

Seeing her embarrassment, Huo Junxian comforted her, "Don't be shy. It's unavoidable to be inconvenient when injured. There are many people like you in the hospital."

There were many indeed.

Gu Siyu wanted to faint.

With her eyes closed, Gu Siyu let Huo Junxian do whatever she needed to do, thinking that things couldn't get any worse.

Huo Junxian directly changed her bandages, and while examining the bruises on her body, she asked, "Did you often fight with others when you were a child?"

Gu Siyu didn't care and just made a sound.

Huo Junxian looked up at her and straightened her clothes.

Gu Siyu spoke in a casual tone, "My dad was a gambler. He loved to play cards and was addicted. He borrowed a lot of money outside. At that time, I didn't have anything to eat, so I had to go out and find food. I was beaten by beggars on the street, and on my way back, I was beaten by debt collectors. After being beaten, I went back and cried, only to be beaten again by my dad."

As she spoke, she looked at Huo Junxian and smiled, "Isn't it miserable?"

Huo Junxian stopped her movements and asked, "What happened later?"

"What later? I was beaten all the way until I grew up. In middle school, things got better, and I became a little gangster, a social outcast. No one dared to beat me then. To be honest, that was the most comfortable time for me." Gu Siyu sat on the bed and leaned back, showing a calm attitude. She didn't have any special sadness, maybe because she was used to it, or maybe she had already forgotten, feeling that the past had passed.

"Why was it comfortable?" Huo Junxian was curious.

This was the first time Gu Siyu had talked about her past, and she continued, "Back then, when I was a minor and committed a crime, I just had to go to the police station for some ideological education and I could be released, and the police officers would even give me a lunch. At school, there were always all kinds of flunkies around me, bringing me food, so I never had to worry about going hungry. Plus, I was good-looking back then. In our grade, every class had someone who liked me, and there were even fools from other grades who thought they could change my future by pursuing me, bringing me breakfast every day. Hahaha."

Huo Junxian seemed at a loss for words, tying a butterfly knot on her raised arm and asking, "Does it... hurt?"

Gu Siyu had heard similar questions many times before, and she didn't really care anymore. She replied, "It's alright."