Chapter 18: Traitor

Huo Junxian stood at the door, and she didn't feel afraid of Gu Siyu's anger. Instead, her lips twitched slightly, revealing a smile.

To be honest, this was the first time Gu Siyu had seen her smile so happily since she met her.

Huo Junxian seemed unable to control herself and turned her head slightly, saying, "Yes... Gouxiujin... Samma."

"Hahaha."

The laughter angered Gu Siyu, and she reached out to close the door. Huo Junxian quickly grabbed the door and looked at her with a smile in her eyes. She tried hard to restrain herself and said, "My mistake, sorry."

"Who's the dog?" Gu Siyu asked.

Huo Junxian pursed her lips and said, "It's me."

Teddy in the room also barked along with the commotion.

Gu Siyu clenched her fingers and cursed the dog, then let Huo Junxian in. She pointed to her own pants leg, meaning to let Huo Junxian see what Teddy had done. Huo Junxian also looked down at her own pants.

The two pairs of jeans had exactly the same marks, and standing together looked like couple outfits.

Gu Siyu thought it was a bit funny and said, "No need to look, it was your dog that bit it. It ruined two of my pants. You have to compensate me."

Huo Junxian quickly agreed. She was very generous.

Inside the house, she went over to scold Teddy, teaching it not to bite people indiscriminately. She tapped Teddy's nose and emphasized, "You can't bite Gu Siyu in the future. Remember that."

Gu Siyu listened and her mood inexplicably improved. She slammed the door and leaned against the wall in the living room.

"Do you do anything besides play in your free time? Isn't it a bit boring?" Huo Junxian looked up at her and said, "It's not that I want you to find a job. I don't like working either. What I mean is... develop some interests and hobbies, take a class to learn something, like a language. Do you have any foreign languages that you're particularly interested in?"

Gu Siyu frowned, "Are you implying that I'm not good at foreign languages?"

"No, not at all," Huo Junxian said softly, "I wouldn't dare."

"Hmph," Gu Siyu said.

Huo Junxian sat on the nearby couch and didn't check the dog food bag. She just looked at Teddy and immediately noticed his little secret. "Did you eat too much today?"

Teddy hung his head in a guilty manner and then looked up at Gu Siyu as if to say, "It's all her fault."

"What does it have to do with me?" Gu Siyu was surprised. Teddy had eaten on his own, so why was he blaming her?

She was really asking for it.

Huo Junxian didn't blame Gu Siyu and still looked at Teddy seriously, "You have to take responsibility for your mistakes."

Teddy nodded and lay down beside her, pulling at her pants leg. He looked very obedient and cute.

After scolding Teddy, Huo Junxian turned to Gu Siyu, "I left you a note. How could you... give him so much to eat?"

"You're joking. When did you leave me a note? And even if you did, why should I listen to you?" Gu Siyu said indignantly.

Huo Junxian went to see Teddy, who was lying on the ground looking away as if he didn't know anything.

Gu Siyu didn't want to take the blame. She went to the shoebox at the door and rummaged through it but didn't see the note. Huo Junxian followed her and they both frowned. Finally, they looked unanimously at the trash can.