Chapter 81

For breakfast, Huo Junxian prepared a sumptuous meal. The main course was the porridge that Gu Siyu used to love the most. She also made some pies with freshly harvested sweet pumpkins and fried eggs in the shape of hearts. When Gu Siyu poked the pies with chopsticks, the filling would flow out.

Huo Junxian was skilled in cooking, and Gu Siyu enjoyed the meal, unable to find any fault even if she tried to nitpick.

These takeout dishes couldn't compare. They were warm, comforting, and had the tangible essence of "home," creating an invisible bond.

Gu Siyu stole a glance at Huo Junxian, who was also looking at her. Knowing that she enjoyed the meal, Huo Junxian revealed a satisfied smile and asked, "Delicious, right?"

"Mmm."

Huo Junxian fed herself a spoonful of porridge and said, "Now that it's turning winter, the weather is getting colder. I had a few brands send over some new clothes. Later, you can choose one."

Gu Siyu nodded and asked, "Are we going out today?"

As she spoke, she looked at Huo Junxian, raising her eyebrows.

"Are you planning to go out?" Huo Junxian asked in return.

Gu Siyu didn't answer; she had asked Huo Junxian first. If Huo Junxian didn't answer this question, she would be evading.

With cautious probing, these simple and peaceful conversations were fragile. A slightly harsh word, and the two could end up arguing.

"Then let's go out for a stroll today, buy some things on the way back," Huo Junxian followed her words, saying softly, "You can look at clothes and shoes by yourself. Buy whatever you like, and we can choose together."

Dogs naturally love to run around, and as soon as they heard about going out, Teddy barked excitedly.

After finishing their meal, both of them changed into different clothes. As the temperature had dropped, there was a chilly wind outside when they left. Gu Siyu wore a three-dimensional black coat, while Huo Junxian wore a warm yellow one. Chen Tao came to drive them. When he looked at Gu Siyu, his brows furrowed, and his gaze was sharp, appearing angry. But when Huo Junxian came out, he restrained himself. Whatever dissatisfaction he had, he kept silent, avoiding discussing Gu Siyu's running away.

Before he arrived, Huo Junxian had reminded him not to criticize Gu Siyu; all her words were in defense of her.

Gu Siyu sat by the window in the car, leaning against it without asking where they were going.

The busy life was for the sake of having three good meals a day, having a place to stay for the night, and having beautiful clothes to wear according to the seasons—all of which Huo Junxian could easily provide for her.

Huo Junxian took her to buy clothes first. Gu Siyu bought whatever she liked, and the bodyguard behind them carried all the bags. Then, they went to a nearby flower and bird market. Since it was winter, there might not be many flowers and birds for sale.

In reality, there was a lush variety inside, including everything expected in all four seasons. Outside, the most were goldfish, little rabbits, and various small dogs. The flowers and plants that weren't displayed outside were all kept in the greenhouse.

Today, they brought Teddy along. As soon as Teddy entered, its ears perked up, and it became lively, staring at the other puppies nearby.

Gu Siyu covered its eyes. "Behave yourself. You're already this big, but you're still looking at other kids. You old pervert."

As she covered its eyes, Teddy struggled in Huo Junxian's arms, accidentally pulling her hair. Huo Junxian hissed, "Don't move. Be careful; next time, I won't bring you out."