Chapter 39: The heartbeat is accelerating

Gu Siyu was being naughty, but Huo Junxian didn't scold her. She took good care of her. When Gu Siyu said she felt uncomfortable, Huo Junxian blew on her wound gently.

The wound felt itchy from Huo Junxian's blowing. She blew slowly and then looked up at Gu Siyu and said, "It doesn't hurt anymore. It'll be fine soon."

The effort to comfort a child didn't have an anesthetic effect. Gu Siyu felt even more uncomfortable. At times, she put her hand on Huo Junxian's head but then pushed her away when she couldn't stand it.

Huo Junxian had just finished brushing her teeth, and her mouth felt cool from the peppermint. The sensation of blowing on the wound was strange, and it made Gu Siyu lose her balance and become disoriented. Huo Junxian looked up at her, licked her lips, and smiled. Her charming appearance made one's scalp tingle, and she finally kissed Gu Siyu's wound.

Gu Siyu used the showerhead to spray Huo Junxian's face. Huo Junxian closed her eyes and let the water hit her pretty face, seemingly intentionally not dodging it, as if she was purposely teasing someone with a bullying desire.

Gu Siyu was mesmerized. Her hand paused, and she inexplicably couldn't bully her anymore. She lowered her eyes, wanting to say something, but the words turned in her mouth and she swallowed them back.

Later, Huo Junxian's hand touched her face and then washed it with water. She asked with concern, "Does anywhere else hurt?"

Seriously, the leaking tenderness and spring-like atmosphere made one feel like they were in a quagmire. If one wasn't careful, they would sink deeper and deeper. This made Gu Siyu feel uncomfortable all over, with a sense of panic and helplessness. She breathed deeply, steadied her heartbeat, leaned against the wall, and stopped looking at Huo Junxian.

Huo Junxian wiped the water off her body with a towel. When she touched the wound, she deliberately did it lightly. Then she took the clothes Gu Siyu had brought in and carefully helped her put them on. This kind of gentle tenderness was like taking care of a baby in a swaddling cloth, afraid of hurting the other person with even one movement.

Huo Junxian spoke softly as if she was coaxing someone, "Shall I give you some more medicine later?"

Gu Siyu's strange disease recurred, "Huo Junxian, guess what happened to the person who was so good to me before?"

Huo Junxian made a soft sound and thought for a moment before asking, "Did they die?"

Gu Siyu didn't answer.

When Huo Junxian helped her with the buttons, when they were almost at the top, she pinched Gu Siyu's pretty chin. Gu Siyu lifted her gaze, and with a bit of disdain, she asked, "What do you want to do?"

Huo Junxian said, "I have died many times already."

"Uh?" Gu Siyu didn't understand.

"You made me feel so alive, have you forgotten?" Huo Junxian smiled and curved her fingers to stroke Gu Siyu's cheek. "I'm not afraid of dying."

Gu Siyu's mind tightened, and Huo Junxian leaned over to kiss her lips. It turned out that pinching her chin was to adjust the angle of the kiss.

This kiss was warm and gentle, soft and cottony, slower and gentler than before. She was like a cat trying to please Gu Siyu, rubbing against her lips, licking and kneading, disrupting Gu Siyu's understanding of kissing.

In the end, Gu Siyu surrendered and became weak, letting Huo Junxian do as she pleased. Huo Junxian fastened the buttons on her collar and straightened her collar, turning her from a wild girl into a well-behaved one.

Afterwards, Huo Junxian lightly praised Gu Siyu, "You're so well-behaved."

Gu Siyu turned her head to the side and coldly snorted.