Chapter 75

The door was pushed open, and there was no one in the room. Paper cups on the table toppled over, and water cascaded down as the computer screen glowed, but the person inside seemed to have evaporated.

Chen Tao went up and pulled open the curtains, spotting a figure at the corner.

Chen Tao hurriedly said, "She actually jumped down."

Those who had been to the black internet cafe knew that the owner would intentionally leave a back door to deal with inspections. It was convenient for those underage to escape when unexpected checks occurred.

Huo Junxian entered the internet cafe for the first time, unaware of these things. Gu Siyu ran even faster this time, but she couldn't go too far. Huo Junxian had prepared for this and blocked all the alleys, trapping her.

The sound of footsteps filled the air behind her, and Gu Siyu's heart pounded rapidly. She focused intensely on the footsteps outside. She had never been this nervous even when chased by the police during her school days. The police would educate her based on the principle that there is a way out of the sea of suffering. Even if caught, they wouldn't do much to her. However, Huo Junxian was different. If she caught Gu Siyu, it would be like stepping into the sea, with no chance of turning back. The more Huo Junxian chased her, the more rebellious Gu Siyu became, yearning for freedom.

The surroundings were pitch black, and she dared not turn on the lights. Carrying her bag, Gu Siyu ran in disarray. When she couldn't run any further, she crouched between two buildings, then slowly moved behind a sweet osmanthus tree.

Her mind raced rapidly. She needed to come up with a plan. Even though the people Huo Junxian brought with her were quite intimidating, like vigilant watchdogs, once they spotted her, they would definitely take her away.

Gu Siyu suppressed her breath, covering her chest as she gasped for air. Despite her efforts to control it, she felt like she had a bomb strapped to her, throbbing erratically, ready to explode at any moment.

Huo Junxian wasn't just trying to catch her; she seemed intent on hunting her down.

Soon, Gu Siyu thought of the kindest police officer. She had to take a risk. If she got caught and a police officer intervened, she could accuse Huo Junxian, stay at the police station, and Huo Junxian wouldn't dare to harm her.. right?

Well, this question had no answer; she could only put a question mark on it.

Gu Siyu took out her phone and dialed the emergency number. Someone quickly answered, and she spoke in a hushed voice, "Emergency, I'm calling to report an incident. There's a group of gangsters at Chun Dian Internet Cafe, assaulting underage individuals who are using the internet. Several kids using the internet have been arrested."

"Where are you? Repeat the address, and I'll connect you to a police officer. The officer will call you later. Be sure to answer the call."

Before the person on the other end finished speaking, Gu Siyu immediately hung up. Her throat felt as if it had been sawed, and she dimmed the screen light. Footsteps passed by her, and she quickly closed her eyes, pressing her back against the wall.

Can't see, can't see.

I hope the police will arrive quickly.

She wanted to shout loudly towards the residential building, waking everyone up. With more people around, she would be safe. Unfortunately, her throat was too sore, and she couldn't make a sound.

The more Huo Junxian pursued her, the more Gu Siyu wanted to run. The tighter the chase, the more suffocating it felt.

Police from the nearby jurisdiction arrived in twenty minutes. Huo Junxian's aggressive attitude and violent methods angered the troublemakers in the internet cafe. A brawl broke out between them, and those who got beaten accused Chen Tao of being violent.