Chapter 72

The appearance of Huo Junxian did not bring joy to Gu Siyu; instead, it made her feel oppressed, much like the overcast weather today, making it hard for her to breathe.

Gu Siyu raised her chin, fingers tucked into her pockets, and smiled, saying, "Miss Huo, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm?" Huo Junxian was quite casual.

Gu Siyu said, "How did you find me here? Did you hire someone to track me again? Or..." She raised her phone, "did you install a tracker on me?"

Even with Huo Junxian's wealth, she probably didn't have the ability to deploy spies in various cities.

Being unexpectedly discovered, Gu Siyu felt extremely annoyed. She just wanted to do something private, have a quiet meal alone, and plan for the future. Whether she should invest and live a straightforward life or leave this place and go on the run.

"Coincidence," Huo Junxian said.

"Alright..." Gu Siyu jokingly asked her, "So, Miss, where did you go today, and where are you headed now?"

Huo Junxian didn't answer immediately, obviously taking some time to think. Gu Siyu had visited several places – the neighborhood office, the police station, and even near the prison. Considering the various locations she had been to in one day, it was quite strange for Huo Junxian's path to coincide with hers. It made Gu Siyu rethink the concept of fate; perhaps every encounter was meticulously orchestrated by Huo Junxian.

Huo Junxian said, "I went to your home and waited for you. When you didn't show up, I went to the pet hospital. Then, I thought of wandering around to see if I could find you, and unexpectedly, I did."

This reason seemed plausible. Gu Siyu was about to express her thoughts when Huo Junxian let go of her hand. Teddy ran to the car door and barked, signaling for her to get in.

Gu Siyu bent down to look at Teddy, then glanced at Huo Junxian. With her hand supporting her leg, she released her grip on the car door.

She didn't get into Huo Junxian's car; instead, she walked along the sidewalk. The car door closed, and Gu Siyu walked, noticing that the car behind her followed closely. Soon, a car behind honked loudly, the piercing sound causing her ears to ache.

Huo Junxian got out of the car, holding Teddy's leash, stepping into Gu Siyu's shadow. She slowly followed behind, maintaining a certain distance.

Gu Siyu was really hungry; she hadn't eaten anything all day. She thought that Huo Junxian probably didn't know where she had been today. It was her personal privacy, and if Huo Junxian tried to dig into even this secret, she would be truly angry.

After walking for a long time, they reached a food street.

Gu Siyu bought a pancake and some snacks, while Huo Junxian stood at the street corner, observing the crowded area. She thought it would make their clothes dirty, especially Teddy, who was a white furball.

Gu Siyu packed two portions of snacks for Huo Junxian and bought two pieces of unseasoned grilled fish. She handed the snacks to Huo Junxian and the grilled fish to Teddy.

There was a lot of garbage around the chairs. The two of them sat against a tree, eating. Gu Siyu casually scrolled through her phone, checking the group chat for the gaming competition. The discussions had decreased since her incident, and many advertisers had left. Without new updates, the atmosphere in the group had weakened, not as vibrant as before.

In the age of online influence, gossip was an essential part of competitions. Quite lamentable.

Many people mentioned Gu Siyu, but she didn't bother responding. Some pretended not to know her and purposely discussed her activities. Gu Siyu briefly glanced at it and moved on without reading further.