Chapter 41

Huo Junxian returned under the moonlight. It was nine o'clock at night, and the countless stars had pushed the sun down, creating a chaotic mix of heat and darkness.

The surroundings were suffocating, like a pot of freshly brewed black coffee, with dark bubbles boiling.

She opened the door quietly, walking lightly and cautiously into the house, as if she had just returned from a night journey.

There were people awake in the room. Gu Siyu was leaning against the bedside, watching TV on a tablet. She looked up when she heard the movement.

"You're not asleep yet," Huo Junxian asked in a suppressed voice, giving a heavy impression.

Gu Siyu made a sound of agreement, looking at her and about to ask about the company's affairs, but the words swirled on her lips and swallowed back.

So Huo Junxian spoke first, "Has the doctor not come for rounds? Why haven't you slept?"

"It's too early to sleep."

Gu Siyu's heart was pounding, afraid that Huo Junxian hadn't handled things well. If she had known she would go alone today, even if she hadn't turned the tide against Jin Yuansen, she would have to return the favor with force.

Gu Siyu asked, "Have you eaten?"

Huo Junxian spoke softly. She entered the room and sat on the chair nearby, still wearing the black dress. There was no hostility, just a gentle and lazy cat-like demeanor. Her tone sounded exhausted as she said, "Not yet."

Gu Siyu turned to the side and switched on the bedside lamp. The bright light illuminated the ward, causing discomfort to the eyes accustomed to darkness.

Huo Junxian blinked her eyes repeatedly, and Gu Siyu leaned over to get something.

Curiously, Huo Junxian looked over and prepared to help. She asked, "What are you looking for?"

Gu Siyu took out a thermos from the cabinet and handed it to her. "There's about half a pot of soup inside. Do you want to drink it?"

Auntie made too much soup, a whole pot, and she only had a bowl. The rest was stored in the thermos.

It was a simple egg drop and lean meat soup, quite delicious.

Huo Junxian scooped a bowl. The thermos was of good quality, so the soup was still hot. She held the bowl and blew on it slowly.

Gu Siyu moved her lips and said, "There will be another chance in the future. I've already dealt with Jin Yuansen for three billion. It would be easy to get rid of him."

She wasn't very good at comforting people. Seeing Huo Junxian's dejected look, she felt worried, afraid that she had given her the list too late.

"If I can take away three billion from Jin Yuansen, I can take away another three billion from him. After that, cooperate with me, and I'll help you get three billion as well, completely drain him." Gu Siyu made a bold promise while also tempting Huo Junxian, "You and me, working together, unbeatable."

"It's simple to get rid of Jin Yuansen, just need to make a few arrangements. Don't be so disheartened. It's not your fault. Blame him for being so despicable. You were originally a housewife, business warfare is not your expertise."

Gu Siyu listed all the words she could think of, cursing Jin Yuansen to the point of embarrassment.

Huo Junxian still didn't say anything.

"Okay, stop being sad." Although Gu Siyu was impatient and had a temper, after scolding for a while, she went to see Huo Junxian. It wasn't good to say harsh words when she saw her morale so low.