Chapter 76

The noisy confrontation made Gu Siyu feel uneasy. She tossed and turned, unable to sleep, constantly thinking about how to turn the situation around.

In the beginning, Huo Junxian was not as sinister and paranoid as she is now. At most, she didn't like to bother with people, spoke coldly, occasionally said shocking things, but it wasn't to the extent of being terrifying.

Perhaps Gu Siyu simply didn't understand Huo Junxian.

Even at this moment, Gu Siyu was unwilling to admit that Huo Junxian was "crazy." She attributed it to herself, feeling cheap and thinking that her current situation was self-inflicted. She provoked Huo Junxian, and she deserved what she got.

After tossing and turning, she finally fell asleep in the early hours of the morning.

After running around so many times yesterday, asking so many shops, aside from the car shop asking her to be a car model, no other shop approached her.

Gu Siyu lay in bed, looking at her phone, and reluctantly got up.

After having breakfast, she received a message.

Unknown number: [Good morning]

Gu Siyu compared the number and found it to be Huo Junxian's number from yesterday. She put the phone in her pocket, and another message came in.

Unknown number: [I thought all night, couldn't figure it out. You don't include me on your future, but you risk everything to protect me. You're not such a good person. Why suddenly be so good to me?]

Gu Siyu thought whether it was because her "righteous act" impressed Huo Junxian, so now Huo Junxian wanted to possess her.

She typed: [I would do the same for anyone else. Don't overthink it.]

As she was about to send it, she hesitated. If she sent it, Huo Junxian would surely ask who this "anyone else" was, and she might misinterpret it as "He Xiao" and then do something chaotic.

Gu Siyu stared at the message, pondering the words back and forth.

After hesitating for a while, Gu Siyu pretended not to have seen the messages. She took out the goals she had written yesterday and firmly pushed Huo Junxian out of her world.

She went out again, taking a different street this time. A cafe was hiring staff, looking for good-looking candidates who could make coffee. They provided a preparation chart, and apart from latte art requirements, everything else was quite simple.

The owner, a friendly forty-year-old man, was in a hurry to hire, so he wasn't too picky. Gu Siyu was conflicted about whether to take the job. She wasn't a fan of the service industry, finding it demeaning, but then she learned that the adjacent flower shop was also owned by him.

Though the city was bustling, she had chosen to live in a quiet area, with limited foot traffic nearby. The owner mentioned that students would come on weekends, making the shop very busy. Gu Siyu needed to learn quickly, and if it didn't work out, she could quit. The owner even offered daily pay if she couldn't commit long-term.

The owner chatted incessantly, discussing business and the difficulty of finding good staff. Eventually, he even spoke in the local dialect, asking Gu Siyu for her thoughts on their shop.

Having never been through an interview, Gu Siyu found the owner easy to talk to. After contemplating for a while, she praised, "It's nice, very leisurely. I really like flowers."

The owner felt awkward, took a sip of water, and Gu Siyu continued to insist, "Arranging flowers is an art, and you can learn how to grow them too."

"Is that so?" the owner asked.