Chapter 51

Her backhand felt itchy. Huo Junxian's fingers lightly brushed over her backhand. It wasn't intentional skillful touching; it was more like casual contact. She just touched as she pleased.

Gu Siyu's intuition told her that this was very uncomfortable.

But Gu Siyu didn't withdraw her hand. She exerted force and reversed their positions, suppressing Huo Junxian's movements.

Huo Junxian glanced at the scenery for a moment, then turned her head slowly and asked, "Have you made up your mind? Do you want to come with me?"

Gu Siyu spoke quickly, "No, it's not that easy."

"You have concerns."

"No, I'm just calculating the risks," Gu Siyu said.

Their conversation was calm, as if they were chatting about everyday matters. Their answers were slightly quicker, and their gazes at each other were like scrutiny.

Huo Junxian looked at Gu Siyu, her gaze complex and difficult to decipher. Gu Siyu sensed an emotion that could be described as "you can't do it."

Wasn't this intentionally provoking her?

Gu Siyu's lips moved, "Are you done eating?"

Huo Junxian nodded. In fact, she hadn't touched the food on the table. Gu Siyu had taken her drink, and even the pudding was only eaten a couple of bites before she found it distasteful.

As they left, Gu Siyu bought two boxes of desserts for Huo Junxian. Today, Huo Junxian was treating, so she should give something in return.

Gu Siyu asked her, "Where are you going?"

"To your place," Huo Junxian said softly, "I didn't bring the dog today."

Not bringing the dog meant there was no worry about the little bird being chased or the little dog causing trouble. They could act as they pleased.

Gu Siyu glanced at the time on her phone. "Let's go window shopping first."

Later, they watched a movie in a nearby commercial building. There was a highly promoted blockbuster film playing, with advertisements all over the place. The hype was so intense that you could practically see it everywhere you looked.

While buying the tickets, Gu Siyu kept thinking about the scene from the last time they watched a movie at her place. They had fooling around inside, and they had initially planned to watch a popular 3D animated film, but since there were too many people, they switched to a passionate romantic movie.

Gu Siyu usually didn't enjoy going to the cinema. It wasn't about being stingy; she just didn't like those cliché romance films. Spending a few bucks to waste a couple of hours seemed like a waste of money.

To avoid the crowd, she intentionally got seats at the back.

The theater was dark. They sat in the last row, next to a couple. As soon as the main characters started their romantic journey, the couple next to them began kissing incessantly. Gu Siyu turned her head to stare at them, her gaze direct and piercing. The girl blushed and pushed the boy away.

Gu Siyu wasn't a fan of the plot of this movie. It was probably about a couple who fell in love in school, then faced various conflicts in society due to differing perspectives, even if they understood each other well. Despite their deep connection, they eventually went their separate ways.

It seemed regrettable to her, but she didn't find it tear-jerking. Her interpretation was: if they ended up splitting apart, then the earlier years were just a waste of time.