Chapter 16: Stepping on Moonlight

Gu Siyu was not born into a wealthy family, but she disliked living a life of poverty. She didn't know how to cook, mainly because she had grown tired of the difficult-to-swallow dishes she had eaten as a child. Later, she tried to make money in every way possible so that she could buy delicious food for herself.

On this rainy day, she felt extremely bored.

But now, standing in the kitchen, she strangely felt calm. The place was small, and behind her was a refrigerator with no stock. She stood next to the refrigerator and watched Huo Junxian cook, even though there was barely any space for the two of them to move.

Two bowls of egg and lean meat noodles were placed on the table, steaming hot. Gu Siyu picked up her own bowl, blew on the noodles and tasted them. They were delicious. Huo Junxian squatted down and cooled the noodles in the small bowl before placing them in front of Teddy's bowl. Teddy dug in, burying his head in the bowl without lifting it up.

The rain outside was still pouring, and it was a torrential rain. The wind blew the rain against the window, and the two old pieces of glass seemed to be on the verge of breaking, making a loud noise. Anyone outside would be blown around like crazy.

"Want to go back?" Gu Siyu picked up the umbrella that was placed in the hallway, as if offering to send Huo Junxian home.

Huo Junxian washed the dishes and came out of the kitchen to wipe her hands with a tissue on the coffee table, saying, "No, I'll stay here tonight."

Gu Siyu smiled and walked through the living room corridor, pushed open the door of the adjacent bedroom, searched for something, and then threw a white shirt onto the sofa, saying, "Here's a shirt for you to change into."

Huo Junxian didn't say thank you because Gu Siyu was teasing her and only gave her a shirt, nothing else. She took it to the bathroom and looked at the things inside for a while, not knowing how to use them. The shower only produced cold water.

For an old house, having water was already good enough. Gu Siyu adjusted the temperature for a while and even tried to turn on the useless solar heater. After a while, the temperature was barely at forty degrees.

The water that fell on her body was warm, but it was chilly when it reached her calves. Fortunately, it was summer, so she could endure the cold.

Huo Junxian took a shower first, and Gu Siyu followed. Huo Junxian didn't mind the water temperature, and she jumped around inside, almost slipping on the shower gel foam. Then she impatiently pushed open the bedroom door.

There was no moonlight tonight, and it was completely different from her dream. But the moment Huo Junxian looked up, she couldn't move, her legs numb.

Huo Junxian sat on the ground, wearing her shirt, teasing the white fluffy Teddy with her hand. Gu Siyu was slender, and her clothes looked especially tight on Huo Junxian's body. After a few movements, the buttons on her chest popped open.

The old-fashioned table lamp on the bedside table was on, and the orange-yellow light fell on her arms and chest, paired with the dampness of the rainy day. It was like touching a layer of honey on her skin and oozing out.

"Gu Siyu." When the buttons couldn't pop open anymore, she turned her head and called softly at the door.

Was she trying to seduce her?

Gu Siyu walked over barefoot, with a towel draped over her shoulder and her hair not yet blow-dried. She sat next to Huo Junxian on the bed and crossed her legs.

Huo Junxian lay on the edge of the bed, with a seductive expression without any extra movements. She asked actively, "Will there be no more relationship after we're done stepping on each other?"