Chapter 48

The night was long, and the lingering warmth of the day stirred everything to a boiling point that was hard to endure. The body's moisture was forced to evaporate by the heat, and the person lying in bed became a stranded fish, flipping back and forth until both sides were seared golden.

Gu Siyu took two showers that night. Despite having the air conditioning on at home, she still found it difficult to fall asleep. She propped her arm up and placed her laptop on the bed, playing a classic detective TV show.

Watching this alone at such a late hour was truly... quite thrilling.

Morning arrived, and as Gu Siyu woke up, she opened her eyes to a gruesome scene on the screen. She was taken aback and quickly closed the laptop, reaching for her phone and heading to the bathroom to brush her teeth while checking messages.

It was now 11:19 AM. A little after 9:00 AM, she had received two messages from He Xiao and Huo Junxian.

Huo Junxian: "Xiao Yu has a patch of fur missing on her head."

He Xiao: "Want to go out and have fun today? There's an event at the commercial street, many places are offering discounts. Do you want to go and have a good time together?"

Weekends were meant for having fun. Spending her days indoors felt quite meaningless to her, and it was a good opportunity to explore the automotive modification shops' market trends.

Gu Siyu replied to Huo Junxian: "Bald?"

Huo Junxian responded instantly: "It's almost disfiguring."

Gu Siyu: "?"

Just yesterday, it looked fine. How did it become disfigured?

Huo Junxian: "Even dogs have their dignity."

Gu Siyu: "That's rare. Dogs have dignity?"

Huo Junxian sent a picture.

Teddy lay on the couch, looking pitiful, with a patch of fur missing on its forehead. However, Gu Siyu was certain that this was a setup. Teddy had probably slept and messed up its fur on its own.

As Gu Siyu typed, she suggested finding a vet, but before she sent the message, she paused. She realized that this might turn into a medical dispute.

Being a pet doctor wasn't easy for He Xiao.

Gu Siyu: "What do you want to do?"

Huo Junxian: "I don't know. Come up with a compensation idea. I'll listen to you."

"Listen to me?" Gu Siyu chuckled, wiping the foam from her mouth. If she had her way, it would be her scheming for her own benefit.

After brushing her teeth, Gu Siyu recorded a voice message as she walked. "Either I'll buy a wig for it, or I'll take it for a hair transplant. You can choose."

Huo Junxian, presumably not having heard such a bizarre compensation in her years of raising a dog, sent a voice message in reply: "You won't come?"

"Busy. Still deciding where to go today," Gu Siyu lazily responded. Without much financial pressure, she led a life of leisure. Eating three meals a day and wandering around when someone invited her was her routine. It might sound pleasant as freedom or flaky as drifting aimlessly.

"He Xiao invited me for a meal..."

The voice on the other side came quickly. "Come over and keep me company."

"Hmm?"

"Hmm."

"Hmm?"

"Come over and keep me company." Huo Junxian repeated again.