Chapter 93

The winter was too cold, with thick layers of snow accumulating on the ground. The cold wind whistled, and the harsh weather limited many activities. Every time Huo Junxian took Teddy out to play, afraid that it might bump into something, she didn't dare to let it down. She could only let Teddy sit in the car and enjoy the scenery.

Gu Siyu came up with a solution. She bought a baby stroller. Whenever Teddy felt bored, they would put Teddy in the stroller and take it out for a walk.

Teddy found it exciting to lie in the stroller, not making a fuss. When it saw other dogs with similar strollers, it would stare at them. It was lively when going out, but it would fall into a deep sleep on the way back.

Staying at home all the time was too boring, so Huo Junxian would occasionally break the routine and take Teddy out to have fun. She took it to the pet hospital to see beautiful girls. At first, Teddy was excited, but seeing other dogs playing around while it could only watch, its mood became low.

Huo Junxian didn't dare to take it out again, so she tried various ways to play with it at home every day. Eventually, Teddy became very attached to Huo Junxian, always licking and cuddling her.

Teddy was playful by nature. Since it couldn't run and jump, playing with its favorite ball was not an option. Gu Siyu came up with magic tricks, hiding the ball in a bowl and making it move around. In the end, Teddy had to guess where the ball was. It often guessed wrong, taking a long time to get it right. They also played a game of breaking ice blocks, and Teddy was quite good at it. They spent the past few months at home without getting bored.

As they played, the New Year arrived.

They put up couplets together, and Teddy squatted beside them, occasionally dragging a piece of red paper over to help.

After putting up the couplets, Gu Siyu climbed a tree, hung colorful lights on the branches, turned on the switch, and the whole tree sparkled.

Teddy looked surprised with its eyes wide open, filled with colorful lights. Huo Junxian held it and walked around, asking if it liked it.

Teddy responded with a series of barks.

At night, it was New Year's Eve. Huo Junxian got up to make dumpling wrappers and prepare glutinous rice balls, but in her busy state, she forgot to buy fresh meat. Gu Siyu, riding a motorcycle, went out to search for some.

It was completely dark outside, with no one on the streets. However, when Gu Siyu turned the motorcycle back, she saw lights on in the house. Huo Junxian was standing at the door waiting for her.

Gu Siyu, carrying the meat, first placed it on the table. In a hurry, she went to get Teddy from the trunk. Teddy, waking up in her arms, struggled. Gu Siyu was startled, saying, "Ancestors, you scared me."

"Woof," Teddy chuckled sneakily.

Entering the house, Gu Siyu saw Huo Junxian and sighed, "Tsk, messing up the generations."

During the festival, red envelopes had to be distributed. Teddy received two red envelopes, and Huo Junxian hung the money on its neck. Wearing a red cotton jacket, Teddy walked around the house like a red firecracker.

In the evening, Chen Tao called, saying he would bring his family over the next day. The chubby boy wanted to come and wish her a Happy New Year.

"Woof," Teddy barked.

Huo Junxian said, "Sure, the more people, the merrier."

Gu Siyu lay on the sofa, wearing thick pajamas. She placed Teddy on her stomach, and Teddy stared at the TV, watching the Spring Festival Gala.