Chapter 45

After walking for half an hour, Huo Junxian drove back, and Teddy was lying on the back seat, getting farther and farther away from the old shabby house.

Gu Siyu returned home with some things and received several messages on her phone. Duan Jiayang sent her an apology, saying she was sorry for losing her temper with her in the car.

Gu Siyu didn't reply to her. Duan Jiayang made a few more calls, but Gu Siyu was in the shower and didn't want to answer the phone.

Their experiences were different. Duan Jiayang had lived a privileged life from childhood, and even if her father treated her poorly, he would never shortchange her. The only time she suffered was when she ran away from home.

She ran away from home with a million dollars in her account, couldn't stand living in He Xiao's small house, and went to stay at a five-star hotel. She couldn't tolerate plain vegetarian food and went to restaurants for five-star meals. In a month, she spent all her money.

On the other hand, He Xiao doted on her, but she wouldn't even spare a glance at Gu Siyu and kicked her out of her house after she stayed for a week.

Gu Siyu felt unhappy, but she didn't say it out loud. She knew Duan Jiayang was a second-generation rich, different from her as a commoner. Duan Jiayang had the right to enjoy life, and she wasn't a good person either; after all, she had made three billion.

After spending an hour on her phone, Gu Siyu finally replied to Duan Jiayang's message.

The conversation was mostly about apologies from Duan Jiayang, and Gu Siyu's response was straightforward, "I've always been like this when I speak. I won't treat you like He Xiao. If you can bear with it, then continue; if we keep arguing and can't get along, it's better to part ways."

Duan Jiayang responded with an "Okay" in a hesitant tone, saying she still wanted to be friends with Gu Siyu and apologized once more.

Gu Siyu wasn't one to apologize easily; it hurt her pride. After a moment of silence, she spoke, "If you can't control your emotions when dealing with money and can't communicate well with others, then don't bother with anything else. Focus on making money."

Gu Siyu herself never actively contacted her friends when she was making money. It wouldn't help, and meeting up would only be for fun, which could burden others and affect her mood.

Duan Jiayang agreed with a subdued voice.

Gu Siyu's personality wasn't great; she was dominant and did things her way, expecting others to listen to her. If they didn't, she would become upset. Duan Jiayang, on the other hand, had been treated like a little princess for too long, so she was used to having others put her first.

They could get along when He Xiao was around, but when she wasn't, they would quarrel endlessly and find everything about each other displeasing.

"I dare you to get a strand of your dad's hair, then get one from your stepsister, and take them for a DNA test. After that, deliberately let your dad find out," Gu Siyu said but then mocked herself in her mind, thinking it was none of her business and she shouldn't interfere in family matters.

Duan Jiayang didn't quite understand, "But I'm sure I'm his biological daughter, and my stepsister definitely isn't."

Gu Siyu coldly snorted, "Since it's something everyone knows, why does your dad treat you like that? Hm, your biological daughter doubting her own parentage because of her father's favoritism, and going for a DNA test. Is that story too far-fetched?"

"Definitely far-fetched," Duan Jiayang suddenly realized, "I understand now. Thank you, Siyu."

Gu Siyu added, "But don't let your dad know when you do the test. If it turns out your stepsister is your dad's biological child, you'll be in trouble."