Chapter Ten

(art found on Pinterest)

*It's pretty close to when I was actually going to return so ehh I'll stay* Mumbo thought

Empires SMP POV

Basically all three of the servers were asleep, finally getting some rest of this stressful day except for a few.

Scott was still awake since he's part owl, he enjoys the stars, Xisuma of course is still awake. He's still trying to figure out what that earthquake was, it most likely was caused by the rift but he won't know for certain until he finds whatever he needs to in the code. Grian is well the pesky bird that he is so he won't sleep until he finds the right spot of his make shift nest, plus he won't sleep until he knows Mumbos in bed. Speaking of Mumbo, he and Etho are awake doing redstone.

Tommy's awake because he likes the fresh air at night. Puffys awake since she can't sleep so she and Tommy are just sitting on the sidewalk outside their temporary houses staring at the night sky full of stairs and a crescent moon.

Joel likes being awake at night, plus in a new place he'll stay awake to protect his friends and wife. Deep down he knows hermitcraft is basically a safe haven with the odd casual prank wars or dragons with broken AIs around, buts it's more the Dream SMP members he doesn't trust.

In the tab menu your name appears afk when you're asleep, but it's a little lighter of a grey.
Joel saw Scott on top of the roof of the house, he flew up to him and decided to talk for a while.

"You alright lad. I mean it is pretty late"

"Yeah of course I am. I mean I am part owl, I like the stars and the night time."

"Understandable"

"Do you think Jimmy is right in worrying about his empire and Xornoth"

"Aren't you worried about your empire?"

"Of course but I don't think I'm as worried as Jimmy. How come you're awake though Joel"

"I don't trust some of the Dream SMP members, they look either angry or traumatized. I know hermitcraft is safe, but we don't know anyone from the other server"

"I suppose you have a point there"

Joel opened the tab menu and saw basically everyone apart from the few mentioned, theyre names were gray so he knew who wasn't asleep, "looks like some others have the same idea as us"

"Do you wanna maybe go interact with them"

"Seriously?"

"Yes. Come on let's go talk to whoever Mr TommyInnit and CaptainPuffy are"

"Where are they staying?"

"They should be at Scarland right?"

"Right then I guess let's go"

Scott and Joel flew over to Scarland where they found two individuals sitting on a curb and just chatting.

"Hello you two, I hope we're not interrupting anything" Scott started.

"You're not don't worry. I don't think we've met yet, I'm CaptainPuffy you can call me Puffy though" The goat in the pirate outfit introduced herself and smiled.

"I'm TommyInnit you can me Tommy or big man Tom or Big T"

"It's lovely to meet the two of you, it's Scott of Rivendell"

"Joel of Mezalea, Pleased to meet the both of you" They both introduced themselves bowing quickly in respect, to be polite to soem new almost friends.

"What's Mezalea and Rivendell"

"Our empires."

"Everyone on our server rules and runs one of their own"

"Is it like Lmanberg and L'Rapids..." Tommy asked, missing the simpler times.

"Lmanberg is basically its own country slash nation, L'Rapids too" Puffy explained.

"Then technically yes"

"That's cool"

"Hey I know this is kinda out of no where but why don't you like your admin, our admin said you called him a green manipulative b word"

"Because he is, he does mean things for his own gain, one of our deaths would mean his control and power grows"

"Why can you just leave your server, go to 'The Hub'?"

"What's 'The Hub'??"

"You don't know what 'The Hub' is.... That's not allowed is it"

"Technically illegal, every member of every server in existence is supposed to know what and where the hub is and how to get there?"

"It wouldn't be the first time he's broken 'The Laws of Minecraft'."

"How many would you maybe saw he's broken?" Scott asked.

"Why?" Tommy yawned.

"If it isn't his first offence then he can be arrested and banned to the void prison for the rest of his natural life"

"Interesting." Puffy said.

Tommy shuddered remembering exile. "You cant tell anyone"

"Why not tom?" Puffy looked at him confused."you Ranboo Tubbo purpled Sam could finally be safe", she whispered.

"Dream will find out somehow someway and we're the ones who gets punished, it's too risky"

"We won't say a word. Right Joel" Scott said looking at Joel. He had a alterier motive. They couldn't just say nothing about this.

Anonymous complaints do exist for a reason.

"Not a single word about it to anyone" Joel knew he had a plan from the look in his eyes.
Tommy yawned again

"You need sleep, and so do we" Joel said stretching his arms all the way up into the air.

"Suma probably has plans for everyone tomorrow"

"Y'all know this hermitcraft admin"

"He's a friend of a friend"

"Have you ever heard of the phrase 'a friend of a friend is a friend but a friend of the enemy is an enemy'..?"

"No"

"Well now you have, remember it, it's a good moral compass for certain things".

"Let's go Scott, it was nice meeting you again" Scott and Joel left them be.

"bye" puffy walked back inside after Tommy.

"Cya" Tomy walked back inside as soon as they left. He was actually tried now compared to when he came out. Puffy helped him into bed and went to sleep herself.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed now" Scott said as he and Joel flew back to the house.

"Yeah same, Sumas probably gonna do his rounds soon"

"He still does those"

"He was to. It's his job ain't it"

"I know but you'd think the hermits could be trusted to sleep at night."

"A bunch of redstoners. Some vexes and phantoms plus Gri. It's understandable why he doesn't."

"You have a point there." They got back to the issue and headed inside quietly and went to bed, they tried to get at least some sleep before sunrise.