Chapter Forty-Six

(all the therapy sessions are over for now everyone went back to Scarland. The therapist gave the books and recording devices to X then headed off to do their own thing)-Author <3

+With Eret and Fundy+

"Eret, you around here??" Fundy spoke loudly walking around Scarland. He eventually found Eret staring at the statue of Scar and Jellie. They were amazed when he realised they were armour stands and could barely comprehend how they did that. "Oh.. there you are.."

"Hey..Fundy." They turned around to face him as he walked closer. "Did you need something or just saw me and decided to come over?"

"Joe managed to convince me to come talk to you about something on my mind. Do you mind if you and me.... talked?"

"Oh sure. About what?"

"About us. Specifically the adoption"

"Ah. You must be wondering why I didn't show up." Eret's tone dropped.

"Oh you bet. I'm sorry if I sound selfish to you but could you just explain to me why you didn't show up when you promised that uhmm you'd adopt me...?" Fundy looked down, avoiding their eye contact.

"Something important came up. An old friend of mine needed my help. It was an emergency. It completely slipped my mind to reschedule or shoot a message in chat before leaving the server... It was urgent and very last minute. I'm sorry I didn't show up, I wanted to adopt you I really did. And don't worry you don't sound selfish to me" Eret explained then tried to reassure the young fox the best he could.

"Would you still wanna...you know..?"

"If you would allow me to. Yes I would. Do I need Phil or Wilbur's permission"

"They don't give a shit about me but if you want to, go ahead."

"I'm sure that's not true"

"The only time Will ever tried to be a father was when he became Ghostbur that wasn't really him. Even after he got revived he didn't attempt to reconnect with his own son."

"Didn't he try to apologize for his wrongs?"

"I couldn't forgive him. I want to try. I tried but I just can't do it.."

Eret took out the adoption papers from his pocket. They were folded up and crumbled but they haven't ripped.

Fundy looked at the papers in his hand. He recognised the colour of the paper to be a kind of important document. That's when it clocked, they were holding the adoption papers.

"You kept it? Why do you still have them?"

"You know how long it takes to get new ones" Eret and Fundy both smiled at that response.
"Plus I had every intention of adopting you that day. I regret that I didn't explain sooner why I didn't show so I'm sorry for that.."

"I forgive you. As long as you'll do it now?"

"Of course" Eret pet between Fundy's ears and made him relax. "Would you like to come with me?"

Fundy dipped his head slightly and shook it gently.
"I'll see you later then" Eret headed off to find Wilbur and Phil. Fundy left to wait to find a random bench to wait for their return.

+When Eret eventually finds Wil and Phil, they're hanging out with each other plus Techno+

"Hey..Eret?" Wilbur said as they walked into the room, not looking up from what he was doing.

"Hey Wilbur. Is Phil around?"

"What's up mate?" Phil came walking back into the room with Techno.

"I need to speak to you both. About something kind of important"