Chapter Twenty-Three

"Shit that hurt." Wels helped his brother bandage his wound after he respawned.

"Well that was unexpected" Wels tried to lighten the mood.
Joe came back with a headcount. Xisuma walked off with Joe and started ordering a couple people on what to do, a couple players looked scared and nervous after that encounter.

Wels sighed. Hels looked at him wanting to say something but decided against it. It wasn't the best time. They both watched X stay calm while others were panicking.

The two groups in caves ran out one group after the other. They looked incredibly confused Techno had a sword up and stayed alert, he looked all around the village.

"I'm going to patrol the borders, stay in this vicinity" Techno told his group and then left on patrol.

"Hey, uhh what happened and wasn't he evil?" Phil asked Wels while looking back and forth between Hels and Wels.

"Xornoth showed up. He took control of Cleo Bad Skeppy and Sausage and freed Hels from his corruption but almost killed him too"

"So that's why we were told to stay in the caves."

"Anyone got any food. I only have half my hearts still." Hels asked.

"Here" Wels passed him a stack of steak he had spare.

"Your admin looks really stressed"

"He's always stressed about something. Gem showed him something before he spotted the brewing stand smoking"

"But all brewing stands smoke"

"Not that much and they don't explode."

"Huh.?"

"Doc come here?!" X shouted walking around the village making sure everyone was okay.

"Stay here with Phil, I'll be right back"

"Are you in trouble?" Tommy asked Doc.

"Nahh." Doc ran over to X. In the distance they were just talking. From where Tommy were standing it looked like X instructed him to do something he didn't wanna do. His hands started smoking and smoke escaped his mouth but X seemed like he had it under control. From where Tommy was watching it looked like he helped calm down then asked him to do that thing again. This time Doc agreed. And walked over to Wilbur.

Wels left back to the farm knowing Hels was fine again. X walked over to the two groups who had just gotten out of the caves and where Hels was sat on the end of a bed, holding his torso.

"Is everyone alright?"

Everyone nodded.

"It seems as though everyone just got quite the scare" Foolish mentioned.

"So what happened, why did we need to stay down in the caves" Punz asked.

"Cleo and Skeppy disappeared"

"Xornoth showed up, he took control of Cleo Skeppy Bad and Sausage. He also freed Hels but came close to killing him." X explained.

"Guess I wasn't of anymore use to him"

"What do you mean?" X's head whipped to the side, looking directly at Hels.

"If Xornoth thinks we're no longer useful to him, he does that"

"He tries to kill you"

"Yah. And about ya' red jumpered friend."

"What about him"

"He's fucked. He'll be dead in a few hours. Probably permanently."

"Permadeath isn't on. Right? Right!"