Chapter Twenty

-In The Cave Where The Rift Lie-

Our red jumpered hermit was tied up with his hands above his head, wrists tied to a hook in the ceiling of his hanging cage. His mouth gagged which made breathing even harder and calling for help rather impossible. One of his wings was broken, so the pain of them being strapped down was worse. He had blood running down his forehead and dripping from his arms and wings with the- well beatings. Every time Xonorth got mad, he took it out on Grian.

He ordered Hels and Dream to patrol 'The Rift', they were pacing back and forth in front of it.

EX was sat on top of Grian's hanging cage, making it shake or making the chains wobble to scare him. It wasn't an order, Xornoth thought it was funny though so he didn't stop it. He had a list of people he wanted control of, and a list he wanted chained. He had also ordered for them to silence and take off their communicators just in case X or even Fwhip had a way to spy on him with them. He made sure to completely brake/smash Grian's one.

Everytime Grian was close to closing his eyes, his cage shook. Grian instinctively mostly breathes through his nose anyway because of the bird instincts but fuck it was still hard to breathe. The blood dripping from his forehead and other scars dripped into his mouth.
No matter how hurt he was, he still struggled, he still squirmed and wriggled, trying to free himself of the chains.

"Why won't you stop doing that?" Evil X asked sitting on top of his cage, "youre not getting free"

Grian grunted, wanting to respond but couldn't. He was losing blood flow in his arms from them being tied to chains above his head.

"You just don't wanna be alive anymore so you?" Evil X swung down to in front of his cage, he had made scaffolding around the cafe while he was building all the others. He was sat on the edge of the scaffolding that floated in front of Grian's cage. He entered his cage and pulled his mouth gag out and down to his neck, letting it just hang there around his neck.

"You..don't... actually...wanna...do..this..." Grian said painting between each word, taking in and out as many breaths through his mouth as he could before the gag was replaced.

Ex harshly grabbed Grian's face, "you don't know shit about what I want"

"EX what are you doing to the prisoner?"

"Torturing him, what does it look like Dream" He let go by throwing his arm forward, forcing Grian's head to hit the bars behind him.

"It's Nightmare. And only the Boss is allowed to do that"

"Is he here right now?. No he ain't. And does the prisoner deserve to feel pain right about now? Yes I think he does" EX turned back at Grian, smirking evilly. He grabbed Grian's neck squeezing it tightly, choking him. Grian struggled, wanted to get free. He finally let go once he made a sort of revelation,

"You know I don't think your face looks damaged enough or even barely" he took out a small pocket knife, pressing is against Gri's neck, making it bleed. He slashed it over one of his eyes three times, making it look like a claw mark. He pressed his dagger deeper into his neck, wondering how else he should get hurt, since the prisoner can't actually fight back.

Grian wanted to cry, he wanted to collapse to the ground a curl up again until rain could wash away all the pain. But he couldn't show them that they got to him. He wouldn't let his mind go back to torture from The Watchers back when he was first taken and changed.

"EX get down here!"

Ex put Grian's gag back into his mouth before left Grian's cage, shaking it a lot as he re-locked it. Then jumped off the scaffolding onto the ground.