Chapter Eighty-Two

Grian and Tommy practiced flying a little closer to the ground for the next few hours. Tommy's clothes dried by the time he was able to finally stay in the air. Multiple times they were so close to giving up but they persevered through the problems and the difficult parts of the process and continued to work. Grian tried his best to teach and Tommy tried to his best to learn. Tommy's natural instincts still hadn't kicked in but he was able to do some basic flying. No tricks or somersaults in the air but he could safely take off, landing however is a different story. That bit he hasn't gotten down quite yet.

It took a few more dive bombs into the river for Tommy to finally get the handle on landing.
Grian had to save him each time. Every time Tommy knew he wouldn't make it he screamed for Uncle Grian to come to the rescue and surely enough he always did.

Each time they both plummeted into the river, their audience on the ground grew. It started off as just Xisuma who was coming to ask Grian something about the rift, but the more attempts that were made, the more attention it attracted. It attracted False (again) Hypno Jevin Cub Pearl and at one point even TFC came out of his minds to check on why he could hear so many large splashes being made. The more they practiced, the more their audience's confusion and intrigue grew. But a certain father-figures concern also grew.

The group eventually dispersed when Tommy started to get good. Xisuma however stayed to continue watching and he really needed to ask Grian quite an important thing.

Once Tommy got the hang of flying, Grian opted to stay on the ground. He was tired but happy nonetheless to watch Tommy having fun, soaring through the clouds with his new wings, he finally looks happy. He finally was happy..

G noticed X in the corner of his eye while Tommy was flying around getting higher with each passing moment. He shot him a smile that basically said 'it's okay to come over here' or something like that. X seemed to understand and walked over to him.

"Hello Grian"

"Hey X. What's up?"

"I had an important favour to ask of you but it seems as though you're busy"

"What kind of favour?"

"It's about The Rift and finally getting these guys home, back to their own server"

"We're actually gonna send them back. They aren't safe there. You and I both know that. We should know that better than anyone."

"Projects are basically finished for most hermits. The season has to end at some point. Season 10 has to start eventually G. But we can't end with these guys here."

"Why not? Why can't they just stay here. They're safe here"

"We don't know what'll happen to them G."

"We can't send that back there X"

"Look we're going to have the trial and we'll win and then they'll be safe to go back there."

"What if we don't win? What if we lose?"

"Yeah but what if we won?"

"He doesn't wanna go back. He's afraid to go back"

"Tommy said this to you?"

"He muttered it, probably thought I didn't hear it but I heard him"

"I know the future is scary but it's worth seeing. We'll be fine. And so will he"

"You don't know that"

"I may not but I believe it"

Tommy landed accidentally interrupting their serious conversation. They pretended as they haven't spoken about anything for the past few moments.