Chapter Forty-Two

+Meanwhile with X Grian and Phil, I'm doing Tommy last because he's the most traumatized out of all of them+

"I don't why I even agreed to this. I get why the kids would do it"

"Sometimes adults need to get things off their chest too" X said sitting on the other side of the table from Phil. The recording device already recording. Grian was behind X pacing back and forth ."you can ramble on about anything on your mind" X took out a book and quill.

"I don't know why Tommy admires me so much. I wasn't the best dad to him after I promised his birth father that I'd protect him and raise him as my own but I failed. He raised himself. He protected himself and his friends without any help from adults"

"Why do you think you weren't a good father?"

"I think I did a good job with Wil and Techno but with Tommy" Phil sighed "I kinda ignored him. Wilbur had his musical talents, Techno had his fighting skills and the voices. Tom wasn't like that."

"You think he was inferior because of that?" Grian piped up. He related to Tom because of his own childhood experiences with Phil..

"No! Of course not. He's just more independent than them. He's more wary of people and he's rather secretive. He managed to hide Tubbo from me. I mean for quite a while, Tubbo lived in the treehouse that he built. I never paid attention to him so I guess that's why Sam took him in and full on created him a new friend / guardian (Sam Nook).. Because I failed him."

"You said Tubbo and Tommy both had birth parents before you and Sam became their guardian. Who were they?"

"An old friend of Techno's by the name of Schlatt was Tubbo's father. But he was a alcoholic and abusive at times. He eventually died by a stroke while he was drunk. Tommy's father was named Theseus. Both their mothers are unknown."

"What about your own childhood? How was that?"

Grian stopped pacing and decided to lean again the wall with his arms crossed. He wanted to listen carefully and closely to lies their parents probably filled Phil's head with.

"My childhood?? It was fine I suppose. My parents loved me. They thought I was only capable of good. I can't say the same for my brother. They thought he was a disappointment, a failure and that he wouldn't ever amount to anything" Phil and X both looked at Grian who had looked away.

"One day we went on this family trip type thing to Japan for a few days. We were young. Like we were only in preschool at this point umm according to my parents, my brother ran away...so they left without him, I didn't want to leave him there because I knew he'd be scared alone but they forced me...They spilt up a few years later. Once I was old enough I moved out to Hardcore, found Kristin and there I stayed until the Dream SMP came around where I eventually joined just to be forced to kill my own son."

"Did your parents say anything about your brother that to you seemed that was hard to believe?"

"He said he ran away which doesn't sound like him. He doesn't like being alone, being alone makes his thoughts spiral."

Xisuma was noting down everything he was saying until he said that. He didn't know that about Grian. That's why he loved company so much, even in the darkest of moments he loved being surrounded by his friends and peers.

"They said he would never amount of anything in life. They said he abandoned our family and that I should give up on him and stop trying to contact him."

Grian turned his head back around and looked at Phil. That was new information. He didn't know that Phil ever tried to get into contact with him while he was busy getting traumatised by S@m. Grian kinda started a new life in Japan. He decided not to look back and think about the past and focus on the present.