Chapter Ninety-Two

+In the morning+

Mumbo and Grian got up early to start preparing for their quote unquote 'friendly competition'

However Tommy also did. He was getting desperate to know if his Uncle Grian was just like everyone else or if he really was different. His thoughts began to spiral into the vast and dark void that is his messed up young mind.

He made his way over to Grian's house

Once he got there, he immediately spoke his thoughts "So you're just a fucking liar..!?"

"What are you on about?" Grian turned his head, pausing on the redstone. It made Mumbo pause too.

"Are you really just like everybody else?!"

"Tom, I have no idea what you're talking about" G walked over to him, maybe he'd stop shouting so loudly if he was closer.

"I know what you said to Phil"

"What?" Mumbo also came over. "I thought you were gonna make up with him" Mumbo said to G.

"We technically did. I mean I forgave him. Nevermind, why do you know what I said to him? Did he tell you?"

"Not exactly. He told Techno and I was listening in because he mentioned my name"

"You really shouldn't be eavesdropping on a private conversation you know" Mumbo pointed out.

"Yeah I wouldn't have if they didn't mention me by name. That's the only reason"

"Alright alright. So why do you think I'm like everyone else based on that?"

"One question Techno asked Phil was If he thought you'd let me down. Because you said you'd be apart of our family in the future if I wanted you to be there. You'd be there. But you told Dadza basically the opposite"

"I don't think that makes him a liar though" Mumbo decided to share his opinion.

"Why not?"

"Yeah Mumbo why not?"

"If he truly believed what he said to you was true then that doesn't make him a liar."

"But did you? Truly believe it?"

"At the time of telling you, yeah I did."

"But things change"

"Things have to change. But I'll still be there for you if you really want to be."

"Really?"

"If you want to contact me in the future then I'll wait for the day that time comes. Okay?"

"So you'll stay my uncle?"

"Of course I'm gonna stay your uncle. I'm gonna stay Wilbur's uncle and Tech's Uncle. And wether we like it or not Phil and I gonna stay brothers"

"You can't change family. You wouldn't change us for some other family right"

"I wouldn't change a thing about my family. And I'm sure you wouldn't either."

"Thanks" Tommy let out a relieved sigh. "I'm glad you're different"

Tubbo_: Tommy you have to come see this!
TommyInnit: comin!

"Cya later"

Tommy flew instead of running back. He's not used to being able to fly so he keeps just running everywhere. It's best to enjoy it now. Once they're back he won't be able to use them anymore, they'll locked away again.

Grian and Mumbo continued with their friendly little competition. To know who won they needed someone to come judge so they chose Bdubs, since he was around and knows a fair bit about redstone.