Chapter 15 Palace Banquet

The annual Mid-Autumn Festival banquet is naturally luxurious and grand. To host such a banquet, preparations need to start more than a month ago. Beijing officials above the fifth-rank official rank will be invited to participate in this banquet, and this is also rare. His Majesty has the opportunity to introduce his own children. Therefore, many young princes can be seen at the banquet. If they perform outstandingly at the banquet and leave a deep impression on His Majesty, it will be of great benefit to the future career development.

Wen Zisheng in his previous life had also attended a banquet like today, but it was when he was seventeen years old. It was also at that banquet that he met the Fifth Prince Fei Junhao, and because of that banquet, He fell into Fei Junhao's sweet talk, fell in love with him with all his heart, and insisted on marrying Fei Junhao in spite of his family's opposition, and finally ended up in the tragic end of his previous life.

A faint self-mockery flashed through his eyes, but the decent smile never faded from his face. He sat next to Prime Minister Wen and watched with a smile as his father maneuvered among the many officials. The banquet had not officially started yet, and the emperor His Majesty has not yet appeared, and people in twos and threes gathering together to talk about the world can be seen everywhere in the huge hall, and the faint music of silk and bamboo goes along the hall, not even falling on the corners.

Mr. Liu's official position is not as high as Wen Xiangye's, so his desk is two places behind Wen Xiangye's. Liu Yuan, who originally thought that he could stay with Wen Zisheng when he arrived at the palace, could only look far away from him. Wen Zisheng stared blankly, looking at Wen Zisheng surrounded by many people, he gritted his teeth in annoyance.

——If I knew it, I wouldn't have called Brother Zisheng over!

With a high-pitched "Your Majesty is here", the palace fell silent instantly, and everyone knelt down in the direction of the high platform of the palace, shouting "Long live my emperor, long live, long live!"!

"Everyone is flat." A majestic voice rang out, and everyone in the audience stood up from the ground. Wen Zisheng secretly raised his eyes and looked at the emperor. At this time, the emperor was still very young. Although he was forty-five, but because of proper maintenance , Coupled with hard work, he looks like he is only in his early thirties. The slightly raised corners of his mouth indicate his happy mood, and he has an aura of calmness and prestige all over his body, which can easily intimidate people.

Where can I see a trace of the old-fashioned appearance ten years later?

Suddenly feeling an undisguised gaze resting on him, Wen Zisheng was slightly startled, and did not dare to see whose gaze was falling on him, so he immediately withdrew his gaze from the emperor, lowered his eyes looking at the ground.

But he could still feel that the line of sight didn't leave him, and seemed to be looking at it with great interest for a while, until the emperor above spoke, and then he felt that line of sight left.

"My dear friends, please take your seats, there is no need to be restrained."

The emperor had spoken, and everyone below naturally obeyed the order. In a short while, the huge hall returned to its previous peace, and the joy of silk and bamboo surrounded it and went straight to the roof.

The palace servants suddenly raised their hands high and patted them lightly. Soon, more than a dozen dancers in tunic and water sleeves meandered in from both sides of the hall. At this moment, the music that was only faintly audible just now stopped , the next moment, it was a change in the style of the song. Listening carefully, a deep but ethereal feeling occupied my heart, as if all the hustle and bustle had gone away, and only the notes like the sound of nature remained.