33

My cell rings and I connect it to my ear.

Babe how far you before you arrive? If no delays in traffic an hour or little after that. Why are you whispering? Avery is asleep. She looks so at peace and beautiful when she is asleep. She asked me to drive because she is physically and emotionally drained. I bet we both have been tbere way too many times. I will wait for you and make you two plates. Thanks babe. How is Lisa doing? The same as Avery and add guilt to it. She still feels bad for not being able to rescue them. Joey said they had to use the jaws of life to get them out. In addition, her not being able to help.  She should know better. Her body needs to recover on top of the the counseling and physical therapy. I need to get off so I can  conentrate. Be safe. I will do my best safe. Love you J.  I will do my best and love you too.

I ended the call and pulled off the feeeway when Avery started crying in her sleep which caused her to wake up. Maura held me as I cried.

Maura I miss his daily call. You will have those memories just cherish them. This is what I do when I think of my loved ones. I need to call to see how my wife is? Avery please sleep more. She needs her rest as much as you do.

Avery stopped crying for getting my tshirt wet a dirty.

No need to apologize. I am funky from running and haven't shower yet. Yeah your a little ripe. Before we get the house, we can stop at your  place so you can take a shower. Okay thank you.

I got back on the freeway. Avery fell back to sleep.

Jackson here's your keys. I want to go to the DMv now. Okay, I will follow you .

You guys we are leaving to the dmv. Okay! Mom please be safe. Okay honey will do.
They left and Alesha tells me  its okay to be worried.
Jane was all cleaned now. Thank god . Whatever bitch.

Jackson and Nia return.

Hey you two made it back. I will get your food. Its been in the oven to stay warm. Its chili verde, tortillas, beans and rice. Salad and salsa are in the refrigerator.
Besides the chips what type of beverage would you and Avery like to drink.  I will take a corona and a water J. Avery? Water and ice tea. I will help you. Thanks Candace.

Hi Lisa. How did your therapies go this morning? Okay, I still feel bad that I couldn't save them.  Candace has been with me all day and Jackson came after he had finished with clients. William stayed too. The items he brought Samantha and your sisters were waiting for you. We can do that tomorrow. I don't want to do anything more.
Avery the car is registered in my name and insured now. You can remove the insurance. Samantha please contact dad's insurance to remove it along with Amandas and his mercedes.  I sold the mercedes. The only thing needs to stay on his policy is the house. Alexa already transferred the San Francisco firm to her policy. Avery I am keeping the personal licensed frame. I am glad.  Sis here is Amanda's front license plate.  Thank you.

Hollie took and left it on the kitchen counter.

Maura and I sat down to eat. We both were beyond hungry since it was around seven when we returned. Everyone but Jane, Maura, Candace and my family left.

Maura thanks for driving back. You were right. I needed the rest. Sis the funeral and celebration of life will be on
Thursday. We have tomorrow to rest. Everything is being handled by others. Thank you everyone.  Jane and I are leaving so you can have alone time.

We all hugged Jane and Maura. My aunt walked them out.  I went to my bedroom to take a shower. Candace and my wife waited for me in the bedroom. When I got out, I told them I just wanted to cuddle with them both and fall asleep.  Candace left to tell everyone else the three of us were calling it a night. It was nine already.

Avery fell asleep immediately after Lisa than eventually me.

Its all clean now. Jackson lets go take a shower so we can both go to bed. We both are tired and had long and busy days.

We had dessert in the shower and eventually went to asleep.

Jane lets just cuddle. We both had a long day. We both have to work tomorrow.

We did just that and fell asleep.

Frankie you look and feel better. Laura I am. I called Human Resources to let them know I will return Monday. I don't want to go back to work so quickly and Jennifer agreed from the clinic. We can finally sleep in the same bed.

My wife and I fell asleep.