37. Muskurane ki wajah tum ho

The next few days passed by and it was teju eighth month. Her due date was after 43 days to be precise. He walked into their room and saw her looking pale and laying on the bed. He stroked her cheeks and she opened her eyes looked at him with a smile.

Karan " Tired? "

Teja " legs are paining "

He placed the bowl aside and soaked towel in hot water. He pressed the towel against her leg and she felt warm. She closed her eyes feeling relief all over her lower body.

Karan " Feeling better?  "

She nodded yes and he smiled at her. He continue till the water turns cold. He pressed her leg with his hands and she stopped him.

Karan " Never stop me when I m doing something to relieve your pain. I don't care what others think, you r my wife and our child's mother , it's my responsibility to take care of you and I can go any extent for this "

Teju smiled with tears, he continued massaging her head, she went into her thinking zone.

Two days before they went for their regular checkup. Doc checked her up and she said them to take some test to check her health.

They were waiting for the reports when karan received a call from someone and he moved a little away to talk.  Teja heard someone crying loudly, her feet moved to the direction and she saw a old  women was crying, the nurse was carrying a baby in a stretcher, they r taking him to NICU. His father was walking the baby and he was crying as well.

Teja's heart was breaking every minute,  the lady was mourning to God.

Old women " Kyu kiya apne aisa bhagwan.. Meri bachi ne kya bigada hai aapka.. Voh masum bachi ki kya galti thi.. Kon usse maa ka pyaar dega, voh nanni si jaan ka kya galti hai.. Mere puttar ki kya galti hai, kyu kiya aise.. "

A young boy was holding her and he started questioning the doc " She was fine all the while, then how suddenly this happened. You said there is no complications in her pregnancy, then.  How... How.. She died... How can she leave us... "

Doc" sir I can understand your emotions but please listen to us. Baby's position was reverse, it was a difficult operation for us, She had a hemorrhage followed by her delivery, due to heavy blood loss she couldn't survive. We tried our best but she couldn't fight her death. I know it's a big loss for you but please try to understand us also. "

The doc walked and before could anything happen, Karan placed his hands on her shoulder and she turn back to him. 

Karan " Yahan kya karareho "

Teju was stunned, she doesn't know what to say, her mind was blank. He held her arms and she walked with him,  physically present and emotionally absent. ..

Doc " Her reports are fine, make sure she gets proper rest and be stress free "

He started to walk away and she remained in her seat

Karan " laddoo chale "

She snapped out of her thoughts and he smiled at her. She looked at the doc and asked something which left him baffled.

Teju " Will something happen to me or baby during delivery? "

Karan " teju, what r u speaking "

Doc signalled karan to be quiet and held her hands " Kuch nahi hoga.. You r healthy and baby is also healthy, no need to worry "

Teju was almost in n tears " please say the truth. Don't hide anything. Abhi boldo, I can handle "