54. Baby's first lohri

Karan woke up and he found the side of hers empty , he saw his little bundle of joy sleeping wrapping her arms around him, he kissed her forehead and gently placed her hands on bed, he kept her teddy beside her and placed the pillow to prevent her from falling. Finishing his daily chores, he walked outside to find the whole house empty,  he checked the kitchen, she was no there, he walked back to their living room and saw the glass door of balcony slided left a little , he opened it more and saw her sitting on the swing with a photo album in her hand. He went closer and stood behind her, cupped her cheeks from behind and kissed her forehead, she smiled widely.

Karan " Good morning my love "

Teju " Good morning jaan "

She held his hands and he came forward, she moves aside and he sat beside her. 

Karan " what r u doing with this album , that too in morning "

Teja " I woke up early, don't know why but couldnt sleep longer, papa is also busy, today manoj will come to cook, so I didn't have work in kitchen also, then I thought let me go through our cherishing memories , found this"

Karan caressed the album which has everything that was first for aashvi. Teju is now looking at her first lohri pictures. 

He caressed aashvi pic who was wearing a traditional ghagra choli.

Karan " just looking at her feels how beautiful life had turned to now "

She nodded " this was her first Lohri and we celebrated this for first time in  punjab, with all our big family there. It was so much fun na "

He nodded " yes bcoz we always celebrated it in Mumbai after I shifted her, but when she was born, mumma was so keen on celebrating this there and i dont regret ofc.. "

She nodded,  placed her head on his chest.  She remembered how mumma was so persistent in taking them to Punjab, slowly drifting to their celebration at Punjab. 

On Mumma kundrra idea and stubbornness, they decided to celebrate the special day at Punjab. 

( A brief explanation about lohri who doesn't know the festival much :

-Lohri, one of the most popular festivals of north India is celebrated primarily by Sikhs and Hindus.

-The festival is celebrated every year on January 13 with much enthusiasm and zeal.

-The festival of Lohri holds great significance as it marks the harvest of the rabi crops and the end of winter days.

-The people worship the sun and the fire and thank them for the good harvest. The day is observed by all communities with different names.

Lohri is also very important for a newly born baby. The mother is dressed up in new and gorgeous clothes and heavy jewelry, and Mehndi is applied on her hands in an elaborate pattern. She is asked to sit with the newborn baby in her arms and family, relatives, and friends gift her with fruits, sweets, clothes, jewelry, and money.

On this noteworthy occasion, a group of people also perform Bhangra on the traditional songs around the fire in the ground. They also offer roasted peanuts, sesame ladoo, and other food items in the fire for the jollifications. The revelry goes on for the whole night along with dinner and soft drinks.)  

They reached Punjab and karan cousin was waiting for them at airport, they reached their home by car travel of 1 hour and thankfully aashu didn't throw tantrums. The house was in a colony, surrounded by many house on either sides,  the house has ancient touch up and it looks so beautiful.