Chapter 2: It's Upstairs

Xu Dongyou was sure that he didn't notice this person passing by him at all during the few seconds he closed his eyes.

Except for that footstep.

Xu Dongyou's hand was tightly gripping the handrail of the stairs, and his fingertips felt cold. He took a slow breath to regain his composure, and carefully looked at this person's back.

This strange person exudes a stronger uncomfortable aura than before, and the neck that can be seen under the hair is abnormally bluish-white.

In addition, Xu Dongyou also noticed that there was no shadow under the opponent's feet.

Even keeping a motionless posture all the time, Xu Dongyou cautiously took a step, turned his head slightly and listened carefully.

Then became surprised.

This person, not only did not have the sound of breathing, but even the sound of heartbeat.

This all seems to confirm a terrible thing.

The owner of this footsteps is probably a ghost!

Xu Dongyou didn't hesitate anymore, he took a few steps slowly, and stood on the same step as Hou Mingjun.

From this angle, Xu Dongyou can clearly see the front of this "ghost".

It was a pale and strange face, which was almost pressed against Hou Mingjun's back, and his wide-eyed eyes were bloodshot.

Back tingling.

The most important thing is that even if viewed from the front, this "ghost" is still wrapped in gray things, and the more you want to see it, the harder it is to see.

The only thing Xu Dongyou could see clearly was the other party's face that was so pale that it turned blue.

I don't know if it's an illusion. After looking at that face for a long time, I even have a feeling that the other party is like a corpse resurrected.

That uncomfortable feeling deepened.

Seeing Xu Dongyou's figure from the corner of his eye, Hou Mingjun turned his head and said in a low voice, "Dongyou, did you see anything?"

Then Hou Mingjun noticed that Xu Dongyou was staring at something intently, as if he saw something.

Hou Mingjun's body took a step ahead of his brain, and he quickly turned his head.

But—still saw nothing.

In the silent corridor, there was still only the sound of Hou Mingjun's rapid breathing, and he couldn't help but yelled again, "Dongyou?!"

Xu Dongyou came back to his senses after being disturbed, looked at Hou Mingjun's slightly anxious and uneasy face, and suddenly I realized one thing.

Even at this moment, Hou Mingjun still couldn't see the suspected "ghost" creature.

Xu Dongyou pursed his lips slightly, his slightly soft face seemed to be a little serious, he waved his hands to tell Hou Mingjun to stop talking.

The more rational you are, the more you can intuitively notice more details and clues.

He tried to count the numbers silently in his heart, to calm down some chaotic thoughts, and looked carefully at this "ghost" that hadn't moved from the beginning to the end.

Heightened alertness is at work in this moment.

Xu Dongyou could feel the uncomfortable feeling in the air getting stronger and stronger.

But the strange thing is that Xu Dongyou didn't feel any danger.

Reminiscent of what Hou Mingjun said before that the footsteps stopped on the third floor last time, and this time they will stop on the fourth floor.

Xu Dongyou could only try his best to find the abnormal information on this "ghost", and find a way to stop the ghost from following Hou Mingjun.

However, after carefully looking up and down several times, Xu Dongyou still didn't detect any more information from this "ghost".

In other words, that gray unknown thing actually blocked a lot of information about this "ghost".

Although Hou Mingjun was beside him without saying a word, his expression became more and more anxious.

He was afraid that once he really stepped into the fourth floor, the owner of the footsteps would make a terrible attack on himself and even his family.

Xu Dongyou realized that since he couldn't find new information from the stationary "ghost", Xu Dongyou could only whisper to Mingjun and said, "Go up a few more steps." Now they are on the second floor, walk a few

steps The steps are not dangerous.

Hou Mingjun followed suit without saying anything, and slowly walked up a few steps.

In the silent corridor, apart from Hou Mingjun's light footsteps, there was another person's footsteps.

"Boom——"

"Boom——"

was issued by the suspected "ghost" creature.

Xu Dongyou stood where he was, and saw the ghost following Hou Mingjun closely, like a shadow he couldn't shake off.

The most important thing is that as one person and one ghost gradually go up, the uncomfortable feeling that makes Xu Dongyou gradually become stronger.

That doesn't seem like good news.

Halfway through the walk, Hou Mingjun stopped and turned his head. One of his feet rested on the upper step, and the other foot was slightly raised. His eyes scanned the bottom of the steps, but he still saw nothing. .

Xu Dongyou's eyes suddenly fell on the sole of the shoe that Hou Mingjun lifted up,

and there was some doubt in his translucent eyes something that can't be seen clearly.

Hou Mingjun turned his head and continued to go up, when Xu Dongyou's voice suddenly sounded, echoing in the silent corridor.

"Mingjun, wait."

- The footsteps stopped abruptly.

Hou Mingjun turned his head with doubts on his face.

Xu Dongyou quickly crossed the steps, passing by the "ghost" that also stopped in place.

At the moment of the closest distance, the more intense and uncomfortable feeling became stronger.

Xu Dongyou pursed his lips, suppressed his discomfort and came to Hou Mingjun's side, then bent down, and motioned, "Is there something on the sole of your shoe?" Hou Mingjun raised his foot subconsciously, took a look, and there was dust

printed on the sole pattern , and nothing else.

But Xu Dongyou saw more than this.

In addition to the dust, there is a gray mass in the center of the shoe that makes it impossible to see what it is.

The closer you look, the more dense the grayness becomes.

The feeling of this thing is exactly the same as that of the "ghost", and they are very similar.

A conjecture surfaced in Xu Dongyou's mind.

Could it be that Hou Mingjun was entangled because he stepped on something related to this suspected "ghost" creature?

What does this "ghost" want to do?

It took such a lot of trouble that Hou Mingjun appeared every time he went home, and every time he would stop at a certain floor, waiting for Hou Mingjun to appear next time.

Is it for some reason that it cannot follow Hou Mingjun directly to the fourth floor?

Too strange.

All doubts cannot be reasonably explained.

In order to confirm again, Xu Dongyou looked up at Hou Mingjun and asked, "Take a closer look, is there anything else

on the sole of your shoe?" Hou Mingjun confirmed again, "There is nothing but dust."

No?

Xu Dongyou simply took out a tissue and wiped the soles of his shoes, but there was indeed nothing on them.

That probably means that the thing is not stuck to the bottom of the foot.

Xu Dongyou said seriously: "Then you carefully recall, on the day when this happened, did you step on any strange things, and don't ignore any details." Hou Mingjun recalled it cooperatively, and

finally Shaking his head, "I didn't step on anything."

Xu Dongyou pursed his lips even tighter, feeling more and more puzzled.

Did you really step on nothing?

Now it seems that there may be two possibilities. One is that Hou Mingjun did step on something at that time, but that thing was very inconspicuous.

That's why Hou Mingjun said that he didn't step on it.

As for the second possibility.

It may be that he did not step on anything, because that thing, like this "ghost", cannot be seen at all, let alone felt.

But this still can't explain why the "ghost" didn't go directly to the fourth floor after he entangled Hou Mingjun, but insisted on getting closer to the fourth floor every time.

Suddenly, the bright lights in the corridor flickered.

In the blink of an eye, Hou Mingjun seemed to have seen something frightening, pointing in the direction of the "ghost", "Xu Dongyou!! Did you see it?" The light turned bright again in an instant

.

Hou Mingjun looked around in fear, but he seemed to become even more frightened, "Dongyou, did you see a person standing there staring at me just now?

" The whites of the eyes look like the ghosts in the movie of the dead, it makes the spine chill, and can arouse the most unknown fear in the soul.

Xu Dongyou hurriedly comforted Hou Mingjun, and glanced at the "ghost" from the corner of his eye.

Its hand seemed to move slightly, moving slowly, and then raised its foot to step up the steps, its eyes still staring straight at Hou Mingjun.

The lights went out again.

"Boom—"

Footsteps suddenly sounded, echoing in the corridor.

The moment the light flickered, Hou Mingjun saw a pale-faced person there again.

He finally couldn't help shouting, "There, I saw him."

The lights flickered faster and faster.

The footsteps also gradually accelerated.

The "ghost" is climbing up step by step at a rapid speed.

Xu Dongyou sensed the extremely terrifying and dangerous aura, his face changed slightly, and he hurriedly dragged Hou Mingjun up.

The "ghost" became more aggressive.

The two have long legs, and they can cross four steps when they are striding, and they quickly distanced themselves from the "ghost".

Seeing that Hou Mingjun was in a panic and was about to continue to climb the stairs on the fourth floor, Xu Dongyou hurriedly grabbed him, "I can't go up anymore, your parents are still at home." Hou Mingjun came back to his senses, looked around hurriedly, and

pointed Looking towards the exit of the stairs, "Go there."

Now I can't go downstairs, let alone go upstairs to lure the "ghost" there, so I can only go to another place.

Even at this time, no matter how slow Ming Jun was, he would have realized that something was wrong.

Would a normal human being cause the lights to fail? What's more, he only heard footsteps the whole time a few days ago, but he couldn't see anyone.

All of this is enough to prove one thing.

That person is likely to be a "ghost" or something scary.

The two pushed open the door and ran into the corridor. Many residents had gone to work and school in broad daylight, and the corridor was empty, making it easier for the two to run quickly.

Boom boom boom.

The hurried footsteps of the two echoed.

After running a few steps, both of them subconsciously turned their heads to look in the direction of the door.

It was still very quiet there.

The "ghost" did not follow.

Hou Mingjun seemed to have exhausted all his strength, leaning against the wall and panting heavily, "Great, great, it didn't keep up."

Xu Dongyou nodded, but when he was about to breathe a sigh of relief, his face suddenly changed slightly, "Oops It's gone."

The reason why the ghost didn't follow was probably because——it went upstairs! !