Chapter 3: Chewing Gum

Xu Dongyou quickly pulled Hou Mingjun up, and explained while running: "Quick, it's going up to the fourth floor."

Hou Mingjun's heart skipped a beat, and he quickly accelerated his running speed, and said in an urgent tone: "But how can we stop it?!! "

That thing is extraordinarily weird, and it might have other terrifying means, how could the two of them ordinary humans be able to beat it.

At this time, Xu Dongyou no longer cared about worrying about the consequences of a cold and cough caused by excessively improving the five senses.

Otherwise, Hou Mingjun, as well as the father and mother on the fourth floor will be in danger.

The two had already reached the door of the stair passage. Hou Mingjun hurriedly opened the door, just in time to meet the two strangers who were about to go up to the fourth floor.

Those two people glanced at Xu Dongyou and Hou Mingjun, and quickly looked away, focusing all their attention on the strange figure who was about to reach the third and a half floors, showing a dignified expression.

One of them nodded cryptically.

The other person turned his head to look at Xu Dongyou and Hou Mingjun, and took out his ID, "Sorry, we are from the Hazard Management Bureau, and we are in charge of dealing with hazard-related issues. Can I trouble you for a while?" "Ah?

" Hou Mingjun was stunned for a moment, then reacted and replied: "No, I have something urgent to go up to the fourth floor." At

this time, the lights in the corridor dimmed again.

Footsteps sounded.

The four people present all subconsciously looked at the stairs leading to the third and a half floors. The figure wrapped in gray mist finally stepped on the last floor, which was about to pass to the fourth floor.

"I can't wait anymore, it's going to enter my house soon, and my parents are still at home!" Hou Mingjun was so anxious that he no longer cared about his fear, and wanted to rush forward to stop the "ghost" from moving forward.

Xu Dongyou and two other people hurriedly stopped Hou Mingjun, one of them said: "Your family? Is that evil spirit triggered by you to kill?"

Evil spirit?

Xu Dongyou realized something at this time, and hurriedly said: "I'll ask later after the specific incident, can you find a way to stop that thing?"

The two didn't speak anymore, and one of them directly took out a big slap image from his pocket. It was a talisman, and it was thrown out after silently reciting a spell.

The talisman flew up out of thin air and went straight to Xie Chong's back and stuck it on it. A special effect like air wave diffusion appeared, and then Xie Chong stood motionless in place.

The lights are no longer on and off.

Hou Mingjun was almost stunned by the miraculous scene in front of him. It was the first time in his life that he encountered such a spell that could only be seen in movies and TV shows.

Then he reacted abruptly, with an ecstatic expression on his face.

Xu Dongyou stared at this person's movements without blinking, everything seemed to slow down.

During this period, he memorized all the incantations said by that person when using the talisman.

In this seemingly ordinary world, there are still things that seem to be evil. There is also such a capable person who can solve evil spirits.

"I can't find anything that triggers the murder. I'm afraid it won't be so easy to solve." The other person didn't know when he ran to the third and a half floors, and he was flicking something like a red string in his hand. A few lines were made on the wall to stop Xie Chong.

The ecstasy on Hou Mingjun's face froze instantly.

Sure enough, after five seconds, Xie Chong moved again, and it seemed to be faster than last time. The lights flickered on and off, and its figure kept moving forward.

"It must be an evil spirit in the form of a ghost." The person who threw out the mysterious talisman earlier showed a distressed expression, "I have to waste another talisman." The person above who was fiddling with the red thread quickly shouted: "I still have a red thread here

. I can hold on for a minute."

The two have worked together for half a year, and they have enough tacit understanding with each other to understand each other's meaning without further words.

The person throwing the talisman hurriedly pulled Hou Mingjun, and his tone quickened: "Tell me, what did you do to provoke that evil man."

Hou Mingjun hurriedly forced himself to calm down, and quickly recalled, "I, I... ..."

But the more I thought about it, the more chaotic my mind became, and I couldn't think of anything.

Xu Dongyou was also recalling what Hou Mingjun said at that time, and then suddenly remembered an important piece of information that he had ignored, and grabbed Hou Mingjun, "Did you wear the same pair of shoes under your feet the day you heard the footsteps?"

" What does this have to do with shoes?" The person who threw the talisman frowned slightly puzzled. Xu Dongyou pointed at the shoes, and said: "Look carefully

at his shoes, there is something exactly like that evil spirit on it, does this mean that you have stepped on something related to evil spirit?"

Looking at Xu Dongyou in astonishment, he then realized something, turned his head and hurriedly asked Mingjun, "Is this the pair of shoes you were wearing that day?"

Hou Mingjun's mind was in a mess, and he tapped his forehead with his hand before giving an answer. "I remembered, I was not wearing this pair that day, it was another pair of tan leather shoes, because—I just finished attending a party that day." This pair of shoes was the most expensive

pair of all his shoes, and he habitually took them This pair is worn when going out to a party or attending a small press conference.

After all, he is not popular yet, without any sponsorship, he can only buy luxuries that can be on the table at his own expense.

All doubts and incomprehensions seemed to be clear at this moment.

No wonder that evil spirit didn't follow Hou Mingjun on the last day, but went straight to the fourth floor.

Because the pair of shoes that actually touched or stepped on evil spirits were on the fourth floor.

That's why Xu Dongyou can only see the things left on the soles of Hou Mingjun's shoes, but can't touch other things.

"So, that pair of shoes is the source of the item that really caused the evil to kill." The person who took the talisman quickly straightened out his thoughts and said quickly: "Quick, come with me to your house to find that pair of shoes." The three of

them He quickly ran up to the fourth floor, and when he passed by the evil spirit who was completely blocked by the red line and was walking in place, Xu Dongyou felt that the uncomfortable feeling seemed to have diminished.

It's a credit to that red line.

The person who was still holding on to the end of the red line immediately said: "Just step over the red line. I can only hold on for the last thirty seconds at most. You have to hurry up." The three of them hurriedly crossed the red line one after another, but the red line was a bit complicated, and

Hou Mingjun's movements Not sensitive enough, took a little time here.

Xu Dongyou stretched out his hand, "Give me your key, I'll go up and open the door first."

Hou Mingjun took out the key and threw it over without saying a word.

After Xu Dongyou got the key, he immediately concentrated his energy to increase his speed to the extreme. The world seemed to be slowed down at this moment. He jumped over eight steps in one step, and ran two or three steps straight to the door of Hou Mingjun's house on the fourth floor.

In this slowed down time, he could even catch a glimpse of the astonished gazes of the members of the processing bureau following behind.

It took Xu Dongyou less than two seconds to get from the third floor to the fourth floor and then use the key to open the door.

Although you can knock on the door and wait for your parents to open the door, it will undoubtedly waste too much time.

At this time, the members of the processing bureau who followed also went up to the fourth floor, and Xu Dongyou and the other party rushed into the room and went straight to the shoe cabinet.

Hou Mingjun also reached the fourth floor at this time, and rushed into the living room.

As soon as he opened the shoe cabinet, Xu Dongyou felt an uncomfortable feeling in one of the shoe boxes. He quickly took out the shoe box and opened it, and quickly opened the soles of the shoes.

——A piece of ordinary chewing gum stuck to it.

But Xu Dongyou could also clearly see that the stick of chewing gum was filled with the same gray stuff as that evil spirit.

"It's this chewing gum." Xu Dongyou quickly informed the person who claimed to be from the Processing Bureau.

The other party quickly pulled the chewing gum off the sole of the shoe, and then took out a talisman from his pocket to wrap the gum, "Xie Chong will not go up to the fourth floor, you are safe." Hou Mingjun finally relaxed, still feeling lingering fear, and a

little Can't believe it:

"It's this chewing gum that made me mess with that thing?" That's fine." The man stood up and put the talisman in his pocket, then glanced at Xu Dongyou again.

"Although the chewing gum has been temporarily sealed, that evil spirit is still on the fourth floor. You two stay indoors for a while and don't come out." "Why is the evil spirit still on the fourth floor

?" Hou Mingjun jumped up in shock and ran away in a hurry Go to the door and look towards the third and a half floors.

Although the lights are no longer on and off, the evil spirits blocked by the red line no longer have the ability to be invisible.

Hou Mingjun could clearly see that evil being spinning around within the red line, as if he couldn't find his way.

"You see, the chewing gum is only used as a guidepost, and the evil spirit has only temporarily lost its target, and there is no danger for the time being." The man glanced at the evil spirit, as if explaining to Xu Dongyou: "But if you don't deal with it in time, there is no danger." How long will it take for new chewing gum to appear again?"

"Does this mean that new victims will appear again?" Xu Dongyou asked.

"Yes." The man patted Xu Dongyou on the shoulder, "I have something to see you after I'm done."

The door closed quickly, and Hou Mingjun immediately leaned against the door nervously and listened carefully to the movement outside.

He wanted to look out through the cat's eye, but unfortunately he couldn't see the third floor at all.

Xu Dongyou's five senses are still in the sharp stage, and he can clearly hear the sound of chanting a mantra from outside the door, mixed with other strange sounds that continue to ring.

Immediately afterwards, there was a sound like a huge impact, and a low muffled hum accompanied by the sound of pain.

One of them appeared to be injured.

Xu Dongyou subconsciously wanted to open the door to help, but then remembered that he seemed to be only more sensitive in his movements, and he didn't seem to be able to help.

The fighting outside the door continued.

"Zhang Wu, how many talismans do you have?"

"There are three more!"

"It really isn't a double body, use up all your talismans!! I have already started to gather spiritual energy here." "

Okay—— !!"

After a burst of crackling, the air instantly became quiet, and no sound could be heard.

Xu Dongyou quickly opened the door and looked down. The two people were injured by the battle, and they looked very embarrassed. They were both sitting on the ground and panting heavily.

One of them said: "Now it is completely solved, that evil spirit has been sealed by us."