BROKEN HEART(27)

The tension did dissipate for a moment, but it quickly resurfaced. You saw Carlos raise his gaze, and as you turned to look, you noticed Lando approaching. Honestly, it wasn't the best timing, but you had to put on a brave face even though you wished the ground would swallow you whole. You turned your gaze back to Carlos, silently apologizing with your eyes. Then you looked at Charles, who was sitting next to you. You felt Lando's hands on your shoulders as he kissed the top of your head.

-Mind if I join? -Lando asked you.

-I don't know, are you sure you want to hang with us Ferrari pals? -Carlos said like nothing ever happened, he could be an actor if he wanted to, impressive. Lando sat besied you, leaving you in the middle of him and Charles, he kissed your cheek and smiled.

-How was my girl as your photographer? -He put his arm around you, you saw how Carlos looked other way.

-She's a pro, I wish she worked with us. -Charles said.

-I wish she worked with me too. -Lando said. -It's great that she's also a good photographer even though she's not working.

-I'm pretty much working with you, moreover, working for you, I'm almost like your personal photographer and manager.

-Duh, that's why I'm with you. -He said.

-Ugh, shut up Lando. -You laughed.

-It was great seeing you, Lando. I have to...-He paused, he didn't actually needed to be anywhere. -I have to talk to Caco, see you later guys. -You and Charles ignored the fact that Carlos lied and continued chatting with Lando. You saw Max stopping Carlos and they started chatting. You thought about whether to go over or not until you involuntarily stood up.

-Where are you going? -Charles asked you confused.

-I needed to tell Carlos something, I'll be right back. -You smiled and squeezed Lando's shoulder, you walked towards them.

-Hey Verstappen, this season seems to be suiting you well. -You said, breaking the ice.

-Hi Y/n! Thanks -He smiled at you.

-Can I borrow Carlos for a moment? It won't be long.

-Oh don't worry! I'll see you later. -Max said going towards Daniel.

-What? -Carlos asked you.

-You know you don't have to leave when Lando and I are together. I know it's difficult, but he's your friend too.

-Yes, it is difficult, and it's even more difficult because he's my friend and I'm madly, deeply in love with my friend's girlfriend. It's killing me, Y/n! -He said, cornering you against the wall. He placed his arms on the wall, trapping you, his face was so close to yours and some glances were already directed towards you.

-Carlos stop it, we're in public, Lando's right there. -You and Carlos looked over at Charles and Lando, both of them staring directly at you. Carlos noticed and quickly removed his arms from the wall.

-We'll talk later. -Carlos walked away with his head down, and you felt the temperature rise as adrenaline coursed through your veins. In an instant, worry set in, and you started walking towards Lando, but he had already stood up. You grabbed his wrist and turned him towards you.

-What the fuck was that, Y/n? -Lando shouted at you, you had never seen him so angry. He was angrier than when you went with Pierre to the London Eye. You felt a pang in your chest, not knowing what to say.

-It's nothing, Lando...

-Really? Nothing? He said that he's in love with you and it is nothing to you?

-Please calm down, let's go somewhere private. Everyone is watching us. -You said looking at everyone, you both left the dining area and sat on some benches outside. There was no one around, and you both sighed at the same time and turned to look at each other.

-What the hell? I love you. How long has this been happening between you two? -You didn't want this to happen this way, it hurt you so much to see him so angry, it hurt you so much what Carlos was having to endure. You took a deep breath.

-Lando, I love you too, my intention was never to hurt you. I was going to talk to you sooner or later, I didn't want it to happen like this. Believe me when I say that I love you, but...

-You love him too. -He finished the sentence you were saying.

-Yes, I am in love with him since we were kids, I've loved him my whole life. I feel terrible, I'm being selfish. I hate knowing that I'm hurting you. You're too good for me, you're a better person than I am. You don't deserve to be with someone like me, but I want you to know that my love for you is real. I'll understand if you want to remove me from your life.

Lando took a moment to process your words, his expression softening as he looked into your eyes.

-I appreciate your honesty. -He finally said, his voice filled with a mix of sadness and understanding. That right there is why he's the bigger person. -I care about you too, but I can't deny the pain and confusion you're causing me. -Lando's face fell, his eyes showing a mix of hurt and resignation. He took a deep breath. -You broke my heart. I cherished our time together, and it pains me to see it end like this. I will love you forever, Y/n. I don't want to leave, but I have to. If I were selfish, I would ask you to stay with me and believe that we can work it out, but deep down, we both know it's not true.

-I'm so sorry, Lando. -Tears were streaming down from your eyes, he hugged you, you cried harder.

-I can't forgive you right now. It won't be easy for me, and I don't hold any grudges against you or Carlos. Don't expect me to act normal, but I want you to know that this won't ruin my friendship with him. It might take some time to get back to how it used to be, but I'll always be there for him, and for you too. -He hugged you tighter, you pulled away and took off the necklace he gave you. -Please keep it, Y/n, it's yours. -He smiled and left.

You tried to stop crying but failed. You looked up as if seeking help from the universe, from God or some higher power. You felt like you were running out of air. You lowered your gaze and saw Charles running towards you. He sat on the bench beside you, and you let yourself collapse onto him. Your face was against his chest, his arms wrapped around you, shielding you from everything around. He gently stroked your hair. In that moment, you caught sight of a pair of legs wearing red sneakers. You briefly imagined it was Carlos, you felt Charles shaking his head, saying no.

-Let me talk to her. -You heard Carlos.

-Mate please, not now.

-Y/n, talk to me, niña, please.

——————————————-
So...it happened 🥹 my heart's broken for Lando
Tell me what do you think will happen next??
Please vote and tysm for reading, ily all !! 💖