MAYBE AND JUST MAYBE(67)

-Hey, are you okay? -Lando asked closing your apartment's door.

-I'm fine. -you faked a smile.

-Don't pay attention to the media, like you said, they know nothing. -you two walked to your room.

Carlos told you not to overthink it but you were overthinking it, you were also upset because Carlos and Isa doesn't need to hide and keep it a secret like you were told to do so with Carlos and the fact that Carlos was cool with it, it was driving you crazy. You didn't mind being photographed, what mattered to you was that your whole life, in a certain way, you lived in Charles' shadow, you thought that baing an influencer, being the face of several brands, influencing people would change that but no, after all, it was still a men's world.

You thought maybe it was just a stupid gossip page, people loved to talk about other people, judge them and talk about everyone else's life like they all knew you. You could live with that, your anxiety betrayed you but you could live with that and forget about it.

-Are you sure you're okay? -you heard Lando's voice and you came out of your trance, you realized you were sitting on the edge of the bed looking at the window.

-Yeah, yeah. -you said as you put on your pajamas. -Did you have a good time tonight?

-Yeah, it was fun. -he took of his shirt and got into bed.

-I'm glad. 

-Earlier I got a call and I need to be in Hungary on Monday, are you coming with me?

-Oh...I think I'll see you on Thursday if that's okay with you, I need to catch up with Patrick.

-Don't worry about it. -he smiled.

Monday.

-Have a safe flight, see you on Thursday, okay? -you kissed his lips and opened your apartment's door.

-I'll miss you. -he said.

-Me too, Lando but it's only three days. -you handed him his bag and he left to the airport.

You sat on the couch and looked at your phone, still thinking about the stupid article, you sighed and called Patrick, he immediately picked up.

-Hi Patrick! -you said. -How are you?

-Hello, Y/n! I'm fine, it's been a while, you're always traveling.

-I know! Anything new?

-I'm working to get you a contract for Puma, it helps that your brother's driving for Ferrari. -he said, you closed your eyes, again, living in Charles' shadow but you got excited just by hearing that.

-Oh my God? That's amazing news.

-I know! I have a meeting with them on Thursday, if everything goes well, there's probably going to be another meeting that you will have to attend with me.

-Of course, I'll be atentive.

-And it's great you called me because I read something the other day. -he paused, your heart raced. -About Carlos and his ex-girlfriend...I mean new girlfriend, it's confusing and you're back with Lando again? -he finished talking and you explained everything that happened between you and Carlos and how you ended back together with Lando. -I'm so sorry you had to go through that but I'm impressed with how good you're managing it all.

-Yeah, I mean, everything happens for a reason, right?

-Totally but if you want my professional opinion...