PRE-RACE RITUAL(42)

-Mi niña...-His voice sounds like a distant whisper.

You sat up on the bed, trying to find him with your eyes, but you couldn't really open them, your head touched the pillow again. He hugged you, and you felt the warmth radiating from his body. You snuggled closer to him.

-What time is it? -You asked half asleep.

-It's 8AM, I almost have to go...

The room remained dark thanks to the closed curtains, and you could feel Carlos delicately playing with your hair. He let out a sigh of tranquility. You no longer felt his weight beside you and reached out for his arm, taking his hand.

-Where's my morning kiss? -You said looking at him, Carlos then smiled tenderly and leaned into the bed, giving you a gentle kiss followed by a smile.

-I'll see you on the track.

You could see his silhouette fading away until it disappeared, closing the door of the room. He had just left, and you already missed him.

You arrived at the paddock and headed to the Ferrari garage. You loved the atmosphere and the vibe that could be felt, the excitement of everyone attending was palpable.

You could hear the voices of Charles and Carlos, you immediately smiled. You walked past them and wrapped each arm around their waists, hugging them, positioning yourself in the middle of the two.

-Hi guys. -You said, Carlos kissed your head. You thought it was endearing to see him slightly lower his head to reach your height. -Are you ready for the race?

-Yes, sister, we're hoping for the best. -Charles hugged you back. -I'm going to ask Xavi something, I'll be right back.

-Come with me. -Carlos grabbed your hand and guided you to his room.

You entered the room and Carlos closed the door. You were taken by surprise by how he lifted you and sat you on the small desk, positioning himself between your legs, you put your arms around his neck, running your fingers through his hair.

-I'm thinking on... -He kissed your neck. -A new pre-race... -He kissed the other side of your neck. -ritual. -He kissed your lips, gently, soft.

-Are you crazy? -You said keeping your eyes closed, feeling his lips toching your skin, you lifted his face and gave him a kiss. -You almost have to go out there, focus.

-C'mon...-He begged. -We'll be quick.

-That will keep you motivated, I don't wanna mess with your concentration, Carlos. -You kissed his forehead.

-Here. -He took off his cap and put it on you.

-Marking territory, huh?

-Everyone should know you are mine, niña. -You brought your face closer to his, leaving your lips just millimeters away from his. -Say it.

-Say what? -You teased.

-Say you are mine.

-I am as much yours as you are mine. -The distance vanished the moment your lips touched. You wrapped your legs around him and pulled him closer, craving even more closeness. -Good luck, chili.

You left the room holding hands and approached Charles, they both were ready to get into their respective cars and have some moment alone. You stayed in the garage with the rest of the team. They gave you a headset, and you put it on over the cap Carlos had given you. The lights went out, and the engines roared. The race had begun, and your heart was racing with nerves and excitement. The race quickly became tense. Ocon retired on the first lap, and there was a safety car.. The race resumed on lap 4. Lando defended against Checo which resulted in him going off track. Lando was given a 5 second penalty, you knew he wasn't going to be proud of that moment.