I LOVE YOU, OKAY?(50)

The sound of your phone ringing woke you up, you yawned and sat on the bed grabbing your phone, first you looked at the time and then you answered.

-Good morning sister, how are we today?

-I'm good Charles, what's going on? It's 7am, I wanted to sleep a little more.

-Just wishing you a happy day, how was last night?

-Are you with Carlos? Because if you're with Carlos and you have me on speaker I swear to God...

-No! -he yelled. -I'm in my room, Charlotte's in the shower.

-Oh...well it was cool, I had a great time with Lando, we talked like...a lot, I was home past midnight, time just flew by.

-That's great to hear, I'm happy you're all friends and you definitely sound in a better mood.

-I am, actually -you smiled. -I'm arriving in England on Thursday or Friday.

-Yeah! That's what I like to hear.

-I can't miss it.

-Well, I'm happy you're in a better mood and you're coming to England, so see you then oh and, Carlos might call you, please answer, the guy is dying.

-Okay fine, thanks Charles, love you.

-Love you too, lil sister.

Hours passed, Carlos's call or text still had not arrived. You didn't do much, you took a shower, reviewed collaboration proposals, you talked to Patrick, he had a package for you from a new brand, he was going to leave it at your door. You ordered pizza and put on The Hunger Games. You stood up to put away the leftover pizza and sat back down on the couch, your phone started ringing, you sighed, you knew you had to talk to him.

-Hi. -you said.

-Hi, niña, how are you?

-I'm good. -you said with a cold voice.

-What's going on? -Carlos asked. -Are you still mad? Charles told me you were in a good mood.

-I'm good, just tired, that's all.

-Do you want to talk about it?

-There's nothing to talk about.

-Are you sure? I can come see you.

-There's no need, I'll see you in England.

-Oh so you're coming after all.

-Yeah, I wouldn't miss it.

-Look -he paused and you heard him sigh. -I just want us to be okay, we can overcome this, it will only be for a while.

-It's really hard Carlos, it's been like 2 days? We're fighting, I'm telling our friends we broke up when we're really together but no one can know, do you want this?

-Of course I don't want this, don't worry about Lando, when we tell him the truth, he'll understand.

-But I hate lying to him, to everyone, I won't even know how to act when we're all together in a few days. -you paused. -It's like when I told you we needed to be apart, when I was with Lando, I hated every second of it, it's like...-you stopped.

-Like what? Say it.

-Like we're just going backwards, sometimes I feel like we're not moving forward and we're stuck.

-Do you really feel that way? -he asked.

-I mean...yeah, one day we're happy and everything's perfect and then the next day we fight, then we have to be private, a secret, I don't know, maybe...

-We should break up for real. -he said exactly what you were thinking but honestly it hurt way more than you expected, a tear slid down your face.

-It's for the best, at least now, we can't be in a secret relationship, I can't, Carlos, we don't deserve this.

-Yeah...we'll see what happens during or after summer break, by then I'm sure none of this will be necessary anymore.

-Okay. -you stayed quiet for a second. -We'll talk then.

-Y/n. -he said.

-Yeah?

-I'm so sorry for this, I love you, okay?

-I'm sorry too, Carlos. -you hung up.

You stared at the wall. You felt relieved and sad at the same time. You were relieved because a weight was lifted off your shoulders, you didn't want to be with everyone and have to pretend that you and Carlos weren't together anymore. And on the other hand you were sad because you felt like you lost him.

You put your hands on your face and closed your eyes and you phone started to ring again, you wanted it throw it at the wall, you grabbed it and felt relieved.

-Hello? -you tried to sound normal.

-Y/n? What's wrong?

-What do you mean? -you giggled. -Everything's fine, what's up? -you wiped the tears from your face.

-I just got here. -he said, you felt the heat on your face.

-Where?

-I'm walking towards your door, we were going to grab dinner.

-Shit, Lando, I totally forgot. -you heard knocking on your door, you hung up and went to open it.

-Hi -Lando smiled. -Oh, Hunger Games, nice. -he said pointing at the T.V.

-I'm so sorry, let me get ready, I'll be quick.

-Y/n, don't, I can see the pizza box in your kitchen, it's okay. -you closed your eyes ashamed.

-I have a few slices left, do you want them? And you can stay. -he laughed. -Or not, as you like.

-Gimme the pizza. -he said and sat down on the couch, taking off his shoes.

You sat next to Lando on the couch, you were silent, focused on the movie, Lando got up to put his plate in the kitchen and returned to sit down, he looked at you.

-Why were you crying? -he asked, the movie was still on, almost finishing.

-I wasn't. -you looked away.

-It's because of Carlos, wasn't it?

-I guess. -you half smiled, you stared at Lando, surprised. You couldn't believe he noticed.

-Are you okay now? -he asked, you shrugged your shoulders, you didn't say a thing, you didn't know what to say. -Do you want to talk about it?

-Not really. -you looked him in the eye. -It's weird, you're my ex and one of my now new ex's best friend.

-If you put it like that, it's fucking weird. -you two laughed, you had the same sense of humor. -Fine then, if you want to talk about it, I'll listen.

-Thanks, I appreciate it, Lando and again, I'm so sorry I forgot we were going out. -you covered your face.

-Don't worry about it! This plan's better. -He settled down in the couch.

You felt vulnerable but also protected, you were so glad and grateful Lando was in Monaco too and that you were spending time together. You knew he wouldn't judge you.

————————————————-
here's today's chapter as promised !

I'll post the next one on sunday, I've written up to chapter 56 but I want to write more, I'm feeling inspired but posting daily it's been crazy 'cause I have to catch up on the writing stuff, I hope you understand
Don't forget to vote !! And comment <3