IN THIS DARK WORLD, YOU'RE A SHINING LIGHT(29)

*listen to big girls don't cry by Fergie*

You leaned back, keeping your gaze on the movie. It was late, and your eyes felt heavy. Carlos turned off the TV as if he could sense what you were feeling. You both got into bed and turned off the lights.

-Good night, chili. -You said, turning around and facing the other way.

-Good night, niña.

A soft orange light seeped through the curtains as you opened your eyes. You looked beside you and saw Carlos still asleep. You grabbed your phone and took some pictures of the sunrise that was gifting you with a new day. You stayed mesmerized by the sunrise until the colors transitioned into the morning blue.

-How was the sunrise? -Carlos asked in a hoarse voice as you returned to bed.

-Sorry if I woke you up.

-It was about time anyway.

Carlos got off the bed, he wasn't wearing his hoodie, maybe he took it off during the night, he stretched and yawned, unplugged his phone.

-I guess I'll go get ready. Will you come with us today?

-I don't know, maybe I'll catch up with you later. I want to take the day at my own pace. -You said as you stood up from the bed, walking towards the door to bid farewell to Carlos.

He followed you to the door, grabbing his hoodie along the way. You opened the door for him, and he took a step outside, putting on his hoodie.

-Wow! -You heard a familiar voice, shit, you thought. -It hasn't even been 24 hours, and you already fucked him.

You looked up, seeing Lando in the hallway, and Carlos turned towards him.

-Look, Lando, I don't have to give you explanations, but nothing happened. We deeply regret putting you in a difficult situation and hurting you by not being honest, but come on, you're my friend, and I don't want to lose that.

-I don't need your words, Carlos, not right now. It will take time to forgive you both. I don't care about what you do together, and you shouldn't care about what I think. After all, you never cared. -Lando said as he walked towards the elevator. Carlos and you exchanged a glance, Carlos said his goodbye, and you closed the door. You wanted a calm day, but it started off quite tumultuously.

After that tense encounter with Lando, you decided it would be best to spend the morning inside the hotel room. You closed the door gently, seeking some privacy and tranquility. You walked towards the window and opened the curtains, letting the daylight flood the room. Sitting at the desk chair, you uploaded one of the photos you had taken of the sunrise to your Instagram story, accompanied by the song "Evermore" by Taylor Swift ft. Bon Iver.

The room became a sanctuary, a space where you could process your feelings and find some clarity, it was filled with a calm energy, and you decided to take a moment for yourself. You closed your eyes, taking a deep breath, and allowed the peace of the room to envelop you. You didn't even have an appetite. You lay down on the bed, slipping under the covers, and felt your phone vibrate. It was Charles calling you.

-How are you?

-I'm fine.

-Sure? 'Cause Carlos told me you weren't coming today.

-I'm not, I'm staying in my room, I don't feel like doing anything. Did Carlos also tell you that we ran into Lando? He assumed we slept together and wasn't afraid to confront us about it. What a nightmare.

-Yes, that's why I called you. You need to understand that he doesn't mean it. He's hurt, so let's just give him some space.

-I know...I won't get involved with a Formula 1 driver again. -You covered your face with your hand.

-I'd like to see that, but we all know that sooner or later Carlos and you will be together. But don't worry, by that time, I'm sure the situation will be calmer, and I believe Lando will support you both.

-That's what I hope for, Charles. I appreciate your support and understanding. I just want things to be resolved in the best way for everyone. I hope to someday be friends with Lando and not lose him completely. In the meantime, I might sink into depression and stay in bed.

-You're a drama queen, but it's okay. You have the right to do that today, but I hope to see you later or tomorrow at the practices.

-Text me when your day's over, have a good day brother. -You hung up.

You spent the morning lying in bed, watching TikTok. You didn't have breakfast because you felt like nothing would go down. All you did was change positions, and your phone was about to run out of battery, so you plugged it in and decided to stop using it until it reached 100%. You thought a shower wouldn't hurt, so you undressed and stepped into the hot water. Your mind was filled with everything and nothing at the same time. You tried to convince yourself that you loved Lando and wanted to be with him, that the love part was real, but your heart yearned to be with Carlos.

Sometimes, you couldn't understand how love, relationships, and life worked. You couldn't comprehend why, even though you were willing to be with Lando and love him, a part of you betrayed you with someone who had been in your life forever. You didn't understand why Carlos chose that moment to confess his love for you. You couldn't grasp how destiny worked to align things, seemingly without any logic to you. But you knew that everything happens for a reason.

You were never particularly good with words, but every day you tried to express yourself better. Usually, you kept all your feelings to yourself, not saying a word, acting as if nothing was happening. And at the end of the day, you would find yourself in your room, crying until you fell asleep. Lando deserved more than that. You couldn't talk to him, and he probably wouldn't want to listen to you anyway. You were better at writing, so you decided to write him a letter.

"Dear Lando, it was never my intention to hurt you. I want you to know that during the months we were together, I truly loved you. I can't explain why I betrayed you and why I betrayed myself. I don't understand anything about the game of life. I'm just a simple human, trying not to mess things up in the process, but I failed. I failed you, and I am deeply sorry.

You are an incredible person. You are pure, you are an angel. I don't want you to feel inadequate because you are not. You are more than enough. I always knew that I didn't deserve you. I don't want you to lose your spark, and I understand that it will take time for your forgiveness. I hope to earn it because I definitely don't want to lose you. I value our friendship, and if you don't feel the same way, I will respect that.

I'll keep this love in a photograph, these memories of ourselves that I will always cherish. You have a piece of my heart, you are a part of my life, and I hope you want to continue being in it. Thank you for everything, Lando, and I'm sorry for so little. In this dark world, you are a shining light.

Your number is 4 so you're always protected. (444) I love you.

-Y/n"

You finished writing with tears streaming down your cheeks. Taking a deep breath, you folded the letter, wiped your cheeks, and left your room, heading towards Lando's room. You stood in front of the door, still and composed, mentally preparing yourself. With the nervousness of a little child, you slid the letter under his door and quickly ran back to your room, closing the door swiftly. Sliding down against it, you let out your emotions, releasing everything.

—————————————————
Hello y'all!! Here's another chapter, take it as a gift 🎁
Tbh I'm a drama queen just like Y/n 🫣 what do you think about all of this?? What do you think will happen??
Don't forget to vote !!