DINNER(32)

The only thing you did during the day was eat something, take a bath, and watch movies. You had a Fast and Furious marathon, but you only made it to the third one. You turned off the TV, replied to some emails, and started editing your vlog. It had become a habit for you to record on every trip, like a visual diary. You closed your computer and received a call from your brother.

-Hello brother.

-Hi sister!

-How were the practices?

-They went quite well. I felt comfortable in the car and managed to improve my lap time. The team also did a good job with the preparation. I hope things continue this way, although sometimes it feels like they're trying to sabotage me.

-I know but stay focused and do your part, I believe in you.

-Thank yous sis! Hey, we're going to dinner tonight, the usual crew, you know, Charlotte, Carlos, and me. Do you want to come?

-I'd love to, what time are we leaving?

-We'll meet in 30 minutes in the lobby.

-I'll see you then.

You stretched, got out of bed, and quickly pulled out the dress you received in the collaboration. You put it on, smiling as you looked at yourself in the mirror. It truly looked great on you, accentuating your figure. You opted for a pair of black open-toe heels, even though you weren't a fan of wearing heels. The ones you had weren't too high, but you always kept a pair handy for any occasion that might arise, like this one.

In the bathroom, you applied your makeup, using nude and a touch of black eyeshadow. You highlighted your innercorners, giving them a subtle glow. For your lips, you applied just a hint of gloss. You took one final look in the mirror, pleased with the result. You snapped a few mirror selfies and uploaded your favorite one to your Instagram story with the caption "night out" and a black heart. You checked the time and realized that 28 minutes had passed since your brother called. You grabbed your phone, slipping a card between the case and the phone. You headed to the elevator and descended to the lobby. As you stepped out of the elevator, you looked around, and there, near the door, they were already waiting for you. Charles looked up from his phone and smiled when he saw you. Charlotte waved to greet you, while Carlos had his back turned. As they acknowledged your presence, Carlos turned around to look at you, and you noticed a look of surprise on his face. You were walking towards them, and it was evident that you looked good, and he noticed it too. Carlos approached you with a mix of surprise and admiration in his eyes.

-Wow, you look absolutely stunning tonight. -He whispered in your ear. -You really know how to turn heads.

-Thank you, chili. -You smiled.

-You're 5 minutes late. -Your brother said jokingly.

-Don't listen to him. -Charlotte rolled her eyes and laughed.

You all walked together towards the restaurant, chatting and laughing along the way. Charles and Charlotte were engaged in a lively conversation, sharing funny anecdotes and catching up on recent events. Carlos, walking beside you, occasionally stole glances at you, his eyes filled with admiration. As you arrived at the restaurant, a warm and inviting ambiance greeted you. The entrance was adorned with soft lighting, casting a gentle glow on the surrounding area. The hostess warmly welcomed you, guiding you to your reserved table. The restaurant exuded an elegant and modern atmosphere, with stylish decor and tastefully arranged tables. The aroma of delicious food filled the air, enticing their senses and making your mouths water in anticipation.

Carlos helped you move the chair to sit down and took a seat beside you. Across from you were Charles and Charlotte. The waiter promptly arrived, attentively taking your orders and bringing appetizers to the table.