16 YEARS(45)

The weather was pretty hot in Madrid, thank God you decided to wear shorts and a top. You got off the plane, someone helped you with your bags and put them in a car.

-How are you feeling? -Carlos said closing the door.

-I'm fine...kind of nervous.

-Don't worry, everything will be perfect. -He grabbed your hand and kissed it.

The drive to his parents home wasn't that long, every minute that passed you felt more and more nervous, it was not only because you were afraid of his parents not liking your relationship, it was also because you always felt people doesn't like you that much, insecurities are a bitch.

The car stopped, you looked at the house, just like you remembered.

-Charles stop it, please give it back !! -you were running after him.

-Oh you're such a cry baby -Charles said mocking you.

-It's not funny! -You were giving up.

-Oh c'mon Charles, leave her alone. -Carlos said and took the cap Charles took from you and approached you.-Here -He smiled at you and put the cap on your head.

-Thank you Carlos -You blushed. -You're such an idiot, Charles.

-Hey hey, what's that language, Y/n? -your mom said.

-He took my Ferrari cap.

-Don't worry, little sister, one day Carlos and I will drive for Ferrari and you'll have many caps that I will be able to annoy you all the time taking them away from you.

-Are you ready? -Carlos extended his hand to help you out of the car, you looked up and there they were, Carlos Sainz sr and Reyes Vazquez de Castro.

-Papá! -Carlos said walking towards them, holding your hand. -Mamá! -he smiled and let go of your hand to give her mom a hug and two kisses, then he hugged his dad.

-Cariño -Reyes smiled at you and opened her arms to greet you with a hug.

-Hello Reyes -you hugged her, you felt relieved.

-Y/n, so nice to see you, we missed you -Carlos sr said.

-I missed you too, it's been a while.

You came into the house, Carlos took you to his room, everything was exactly how you remembered. You left your bag on the bed and lay down.

-I love that everything's like it was, like time doesn't exist in here.

-Is that good or bad? -Carlos asked laying down besides you.

-A good thing. -you looked at him. -I loved spending time here, you, Charles, me, our parents.

-Good times.

You went downstairs, dinner was ready, everything looked fantastic. You sat down and Carlos sat next to you, his parents were across from you.

-So...I have something to tell you. -Carlos said and he took your hand, you felt nervous. -Y/n and I are now a couple. -you both smiled.

-I knew it. -Reyes got up and kissed his cheek and then yours. -I knew you two were going to end up together eventually. I've been waiting for this moment 16 years.

-Oh ma, stop it. -Carlos blushed.

-What? It's true, right Carlos? -his dad smiled.

-It is right, your mom and Pascale were always talking about that, you were just kids, it was just about time, we're so happy for you both...and Y/n, you were already a part of our family, I'm so glad you're with my son.

-Thank you -you blushed. -I always liked him, he's alright. -you giggled.

-We all knew you two were in love since forever. -Reyes said and then toasted.

You spent the evening laughing and remembering old times, when you, Carlos and Charles were little, the jokes, the games, their racing journey.

It got dark, you and Carlos helped pick up the table and went to the kitchen, Carlos started washing the dishes, you smiled when you saw him, he looked so cute doing such a normal activity.

-Here, let me help you dry them. -you grabbed a towel.

-Can you imagine when we live together and do this kind of thing? -he asked handing you a plate.

Living with Carlos? Spend your days together? You had always wanted that, since you were little you imagined you and Carlos in your house, with a cat and a dog because Carlos doesn't like cats but since he loves you so much, he'd let you have one. You haven't talked about the future that way, you thought maybe it was still too early to bring up the subject. Thinking about the future always scared you and this wasn't the exception. You smiled at him.

-Yeah, it would be amazing. -you paused. -But let's not get ahead of ourselves Carlos, remember, step by step. -Carlos looked at you kind of confused, he turned the water off and he rubbed his hands against his jeans to dry his hands.

-That says a lot. -he got out of the kitchen and you followed him.

-What do you mean? -you were already at the stairs, going up to his room.

-I mean that...-he looked at you. -That maybe you don't want a future with me.

-Are you crazy? -you walked in his room and closed the door.

-No, I am not but it gives me that idea, maybe you're not ready to commit, to anyone. -he sat on the bed and took off his shoes.

-Are you serious? I wasn't looking for a fight here, I didn't say I don't want a future with you, all I'm saying is that we should live the present and not worry about the future, not just yet.

-Oh so it's a worry for you the future with me, noted. -he took off his shirt.

-Carlos, we have known each other our whole lives, I don't want to rush things, we are just starting our thing.

-You know, Y/n? Sometimes I really feel like you can't take anything serious, not even our relationship.

-That's so stupid, there's nothing I take more seriously than our relationship.

-Doesn't look like it. -he got into bed and turned on the a/c, setting it to 16°C. -Good night.

——————————————————-
oh no they're fighting 😭
new chapter to wish the ferrari boys good luck on quali today/tomorrow🫶🏻