ONE STEP FORWARD, THREE STEPS BACK(40)

'Cause it's always one step forward and three steps back

I'm the love of your life until I make you mad

It's always one step forward and three steps back

Do you love me, want me, hate me? Boy, I don't understand

*start listening to 1 step forward, 3 steps back-Olivia Rodrigo*

You turned around to see who it was, and when you saw that it was Carlos, you stepped away, rolled your eyes, apologized to Lando and Daniel. You didn't want Lando to see that you were having issues with Carlos. You distanced yourself from there, from everyone, but Carlos was following you.

-Stop Y/n! -Carlos yelled and you turned, he was standing there, waiting for you, you walked to him.

-What do you want? Just leave me alone.

-I'm sorry I didn't tell you Isa was here.

-You were so mad about Pierre and now you're here with your ex. Ironic.

-I didn't tell you anything because she was supposed to return to Madrid today. She came here to talk to me, she wanted us to get back together, but I told her no. She found out that you and I are dating, that's why she came. You know I only want to be with you.

-And why is she here? With you at the dinner.

-I invited her out of courtesy. If I had known you were coming, I would have told you instead.

-That's the thing, Carlos. Even if I hadn't come, you would have still invited her.

-You know I love you and I want to be with you, niña.

-Carlos! There you are.

Isa interrupted you when she approached you. You really traveled to the past, and you didn't even realize it. You could tell by Carlos' expression that he got upset.

You froze as you saw Isa kissing the corner of Carlos' lips. You would say he was yours, but apparently, he has never been yours to lose. What was Isa doing? With the context Carlos gave you, you knew perfectly well that she was trying to make you jealous, and yes, it was working.Carlos distanced himself from her, but you didn't stay to see what happened next. You went straight to your brother, saw him talking to Vettel and Stroll, grabbed his arm, and he hugged you. You both went to a quieter place.

-Maybe Carlos and I shouldn't be together. We're not moving forward, we're just going backward.

-Don't say that. I've truly never met two people more deserving of being together. Life throws stones, but in the end, everything falls into place. Do you want to go?

-Don't worry, I won't leave you. -Charles wiped the tears from your face and you got back to the dinner.

-Are you okay? -Lando approached you. You didn't want him to see you like that.

-Of course! -You faked a smile.

-I know you're not, Y/n...I'm sorry Carlos came with Isa.

-Oh that? I don't care, he's free to do whatever he wants.

-Aren't you together? I mean...you cheated on me with him.

-Okay, ouch and I don't know if you saw that Isa is all over Carlos and kissed him, as far as I'm concerned, we're not together.

There were drinks on a table, you grabbed one and downed it in one gulp, then you grabbed another one and did the same, you grabbed a third one.

-Slow down. -Lando said and you stopped.

-At least I should have a good time, so I'm going to drink, don't hold me back. -You drank it.

-I won't, have fun but I'm not leaving your side.

-Don't worry about me, my brother can take care of me, or better yet, I can take care of myself.

-When the alcohol hits you, I assure you that you won't be able to take care of yourself, and don't bother your brother, I'll take care of you, it doesn't bother me.

-Why are you such a good person? -You asked him caressing his cheek.

-If you want, I can stop being a good person and make Carlos jealous. -He said, grabbing you by the waist and pulling you close to him. -He hasn't taken his eyes off us.

You turned to look at Carlos, and it was true. He had Isa in front of him, but his gaze was fixed on you and Lando. You returned your gaze to Lando and smiled, a wicked smile. If Lando was willing, so were you. It was time to test Carlos, and until proven otherwise, it seemed he was with Isa.

-So? What do you say? -He tucked a strand of hair behind your ear, and you wrapped your arms around his neck.

-I can't believe you're willing to help me make Carlos jealous after I cheated on you with him. I must say, you're a really good person. I'm in. What's your plan?

-Well, I think just being this close is working because he's not even paying attention to Isa.-He ran his tongue over his lips while keeping his eyes on you.

You looked into his eyes, then at his lips, and once again, you lifted your gaze to his eyes. You didn't know if it was the alcohol, the adrenaline, or who knows what, but you were overcome by a desire to kiss him but you didn't want to cross that line. You smiled and kissed his cheek, and suddenly you felt someone pulling you from behind.

-What the hell are you doing sister???

-What do you mean? -You hugged Lando's waist.

-Are you back together or what? -His tone was serious.

-Relax Charles, we're not back together. -Lando answered him.

-Then? Are you planning to? Are you friends with benefits? Are you trying to make Carlos jealous?

-We're not just trying, brother, we're succeeding. He can't even look at Isa for 5 seconds straight.

-What are you doing? Seriously, you cheated on Lando with him, and now you're trying to make Carlos jealous with your ex, and Norris. -He turned to Lando. -Don't fall into this, I know you're still hurt, but trying to make Carlos jealous won't help anything.

He gave you a reality check when he told Lando not to play along. Your brother was right. What were you doing? As much as you wanted to make Carlos jealous, it wasn't right. But it also wasn't right for Carlos to be with Isa.

-It's your problem, but if you continue with what you're doing, I swear you'll end up alone and estranged from everyone. Stop playing games and talk to Carlos. There's no need to make this situation bigger than already is. -Charles added.

Lando looked at you and smiled gently, he squeezed your shoulder and left without saying anything. He was probably embarrassed because your brother had just scolded both of you.

Charles left you alone. You grabbed another drink and drank it, feeling down. You watched him as he walked over to talk to Isa and Carlos. You saw Isa move away from them, leaving Carlos and your brother engaged in a serious conversation. Being alone made you feel vulnerable. You scanned the area, looking for Lando, but couldn't find him.

———————————————————
here's another chapter just bc carlos won singapore gp !!! and lando p2 !!!
thank you sm for 18.1k reads 😭🫶🏻🥹❤️ please vote and tell me your thoughts and feelings 👀