IS IT OKAY IF I...?(57)

-Lando...-you said laying on his hotel bed.

-Yeah? -he sat next to you. -You know, you could stay here with me this weekend, you don't actually need your hotel room. -you giggled.

-I don't think that's a good idea. -you rested your head on his shoulder. -Anyway, I was wondering if we could talk.

-We're talking now. -he put his arm around you.

-Don't be silly, you know what I mean.

-Okay...tell me, I'm all ears.

-No, not right now, maybe on Sunday, after the race, if that's okay.

-When have I said no to you? -you felt butterflies.

-Thank you. -you caressed his hand that was resting on your shoulder.

-So there's a little gathering with all the drivers later, I was wondering if maybe, and just maybe, you wanted to go with me? -he bumped his head against yours.

-Lando, I don't know, I'm sure Carlos will go with Isa and... -you stopped talking, regreting what you said, fuck Carlos, he's in the past, it's not like you'll avoid him forever, if he was going with Isa and didn't care about you anymore, you could do the exact same thing. -Okay, scratch that, I'll go with you, what should I wear?

-That's more like it! -he hugged you. -Uhm...I mean something casual.

-Let me go change to my room, I'll be right back. -you stood up.

-I told you you could stay here...

-Lando -you laughed. -I won't, get ready.

You left his room, you felt quite happy and excited, being with Lando these past days had been amazing, full of fun, laughter, everything felt lighter.

You got to your room and opened your suitcase, you had a few options but you decided to go with white pants, a black top and black belt and some small heels, before putting your outfit on, you washed your face and put some make up, you decided to go with a natural look, you didn't do much with your hair, you liked it how it was, you put on perfume , vanilla essence, your favorite. You took a last look on the mirror and took a selfie, you posted it to your instagram story with the caption "night out" and the location.

You felt different, as if you had pressed a button to turn off all the bad, all the sadness, from one moment to the next you felt good and you weren't letting anything or anyone change that.

-Who is it??? -you heard Lando ask from inside his room.

-C'mon, open up.

-I'm sorry, I don't know any girl, get lost. - you heard his voice closer to the door.

-Lando! -you laughed, he opened the door, he was wearing a necklace and a kind of sweatshirt with the neck open, his neck looked even more impressive, you were speechless, and apparently so was he, he looked so good, he smiled and ran a hand on the back of his neck, you noticed he was nervous.

-You look...

-You too, Norris. -you grabbed his hand. -Ready?

-Let's go.

You and Lando arrived at the restaurant in time, the restaurant was a place with modern decoration and relaxed atmosphere, the hostess took you to a reserved and private area in the back of the restaurant, he holded your hand. Everyone was chatting, you saw Daniel was with Max and Checo, Lewis, George and Alex were already sitting down. When you walked in, everyone looked at you, you felt nervous, Lando noticed and he squeezed your hand, you looked on the right and saw Charles and Charlotte with Carlos and Isa, you ignored them and as soon as Lewis and Daniel saw you, they went to greet you.