I'LL BE THERE(83)

You and Carlos returned from Corsica to Monaco by ferry. The trip was calm, the sea was calm. You felt both sad and happy to return home. 

When you arrived to Monaco, Carlos accompanied you to your apartment. You entered the apartment and you closed the door, leaving the suitcase on the side of the couch and you sighed, you love traveling and being everywhere but you always miss home. 

Carlos walked up to you and wrapped you in his arms, you hugged him back and closed your eyes.

-I really enjoyed our little getaway. -Carlos said.

You separated from him and said. -Thank you, for everything.

-I'll be there, whenever you need me to. -he smiled. -I better go, I'll let you have some rest and some time for yourself. -he walked up to the door.

-I was thinking on inviting Charles and Charlotte over, we could have some drinks. 

-Are you sure?

-Totally, I'll have me time tomorrow. -you smirked and called Charles. -Hi, brother! We're back.

-Really? That's good news, we miss you guys.

-And we miss you. -you paused. -Do you want to come over? Carlos is here and I thought we could have some drinks.

-Let me ask Charlotte, hold on. -he said and you heard in the distance. -Babe? My sister's inviting us to her apartment, do you want to go? -he asked Charlotte and you heard a "of course I want to go". -She said yes, what do we bring?

-Maybe some chips and whatever you'd like to drink, I only have tequila.

-Be there in 20. -he hung up. 

-They're coming. -you said to Carlos. 

-Do you want me to go buy something? 

-I asked Charles, don't worry. -you took out four glasses and placed them on the table. You grabbed the tequila and placed it next to the glasses. -Just let me see if I have some soda or something for the tequila. -you opened the fridge but you had nothing. -Damn.

-I'll go for some. -Carlos opened the door. -Just one? 

-I think that'll do it. -you smiled and he closed the door.

You took the opportunity to put clothes in the washing machine and put away your things that were in the suitcase. You put the suitcase in the closet and put on some pajama shorts and a black Nike sweatshirt. You poured water into one of the glasses and drank it, sitting, waiting for someone to arrive. 

The door opened and you stood up and walked towards it, it was Carlos with the soda on one hand and a bag of skittled on the other.

-I brought you this. -he handed you the skittles.

-Oh Carlos, you didn't have to. -you grabbed them. -Thanks. 

-Hello! -you heard Charles arriving, he and Charlotte went up and hugged you both. 

-I feel like I haven't seen you all year. -Charlotte said to you.

-I know, I'm sorry, I don't have any plans now so I hope we'll be seeing each other more often.

-I hope so! -she said excited. -Where do I put this? 

-Oh, here. -you grabbed the bag of chips and you served them in a container and placed it in the center of the table. Charles closed the door and sat by the table, Charlotte and Carlos sat next to him and you sat between Charlotte and Carlos.

-So...how was your trip? -Charlotte asked. 

-No, we need to hear everything, first off, why did Carlos went for you all the way to the Bahamas? -Charles asked eating a chip. Carlos looked at you and you felt his hand on your leg and he squeezed it, you took a deep breath and you poured soda and tequila into your glass and took a long sip.

-I went there because she asked me to. -Carlos said looking at Charles.

-And I asked him because...-you paused. -Lando cheated on me.

-That son of a bitch. -Charles said. -I knew something was wrong, right Charlotte? I told you.

-He did tell me. -Charlotte said. -But how? When? 

-He was acting weird since the last race so in the Bahamas we talked and he confessed.

-So he took you to the Bahamas to cover for it or what? -Charles asked, he was angry.

-I don't know, maybe, I told him we're over and Carlos told me that if I needed him to pick me up, I should call him so I took his word and called him and then arriving to Monaco we decided to escape so we went to Corsica.

-So you're together now? -Charles asked.

-No. -you and Carlos said in unison.

-Okay, let me get this straight. -Charles said sipping his drink. -So you. -he pointed at Carlos. -Went all the way to the Bahamas to take her home because her now ex cheated on her and then you runaway to Corsica and you aren't together? You're just friends? But you did all that for her?

-Look, mate, I love your sister. -he said looking at you, your heart raced. Carlos was telling your brother he loves you. -Even if we're not together and we're just friends, I care about her and I would do anything for her so, yes, I did all that. -Charles stood up and hugged Carlos. It was a cute moment. Charlotte smiled at you.

-I'm sorry Lando cheated on you.

-Don't be, maybe it was karma. -I giggled.

-And how are you now, sis?

-I'm good. -I smiled. -We had a great time, even with his friend Lara. -you said to bother Carlos.

-Oh shut up, you were all over Pierre. -Carlos rolled his eyes.

-What? -Charlotte asked laughing. 

-Carlos wanted pay back because I spent one night with Pierre so he had sex with this girl, Lara, and brought her to the hotel to make me jealous.

-And you were trying to make me jealous with Pierre that day, we're even.

-Whatever, Carlos. -you laughed. -But hey, what have you been doing? -you asked your brother and Charlotte.

-Honestly? We've been resting. -Charles said.

-We were at the yacht, we slept there and everything for a couple of nights and I think that's pretty much it. -Charlotte added.

-Now we get to spend the rest of the break together. -you said.

It was a warm night, filled with laughter and joy. You were all happy to see each other. You felt loved and grateful.

As the night went by, the drinks started to make effect and your laughter was higher, you didn't even know if the conversation made sense anymore and you didn't care.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

charles and charlotte couple goals or what????????

vote, comment, wanna know your thoughts

unlock next chapter: 30 votes, 7 comments or 'til Monday 29th, whatever happens first