HOME(98)

You got to the lobby on time. Everyone was there, Daniel, Lando, Carlos, Charles. You approached them.

-We're ready to go. -you said. -Oh, Daniel, Lando, this is Alan. -you introduced him to them.

-What's up, Alan. -Daniel said.

-Nice meeting you, mate. -Lando said.

-So you're the ex, huh? -Alan asked, you felt your face blushing.

-Alan! -you scolded him. Lando gave you a look and a smile. -We better get going before he embarasses me more.

Daniel and Lando got into a car, Alan, Charles, Carlos and you got into another one. Charles was on the front and you were between Alan and Carlos.

-You look gorgeous. -Carlos whispered in your ear. You felt butterflies.

-Thank you. -you squeezed your lips, trying to hide your smile.

You arrived at the club and got in quickly. You went up to the VIP area. Daniel ordered two bottles and a round of shots. When everything arrived, you all took the shots.

-Congratulations, guys. -you said to the McLaren boys. -You deserve it. -they smiled at you. Lando approached you.

-Can we talk? -he asked nervous. Carlos didn't take his eyes off you.

-Sure. -you replied and walked away from the others. Things weren't great with Lando but you were done with that situation.

-I just wanted to apologize. -he paused. -Again, the way I treated you was awful and I'm sorry for cheating, you don't deserve any of that.

-It's okay, Lando, I forgive you. -you said and his eyes shone. You missed Lando as a friend and you knew he was truly sorry.

-Can we be friends again?

-We can. -you smiled. -Oh, what the hell. -you hugged him. He squeezed you.

-So, who's this Alan guy? He seems fun.

-He's just a friend, he's great.

-I'm happy that you're happy.

-Thank you, Lando. -you squeezed his hand and got back to the others. Alan was drinking from the bottle, passing it to Daniel who did the same thing. You put yourself between them and Daniel gave you the bottle, you drank from it. When you put down the bottle, you saw Carlos was looking at you, smiling. You went up to him.

-So no Lucía tonight, huh? -you asked.

-We broke up. -your heart skipped a beat, the world stopped.

-I'm sorry. -you felt awkward for asking but at the same time you were happy he was single again.

-Don't be, I'm happy I ended things with her. -you nodded. -Next weekend there will be no race. -he said. -What are you doing those days?

-I'm probably going to be in Germany or Monaco, I'm not sure yet.

-Come with me to Corsica. -he said, looking straight into your eyes. You felt like things were finally normal between you and Carlos.

-Are you sure?

-Yeah, we'll tell Charles and Charlotte too.

-Okay, why not. -you smiled.

-I really missed you, Y/n.

September 16, 2021

You arrived to the same hotel you and Carlos stayed in the last time. You entered the hotel, the reception was close to the door. Carlos gave his name for the reservation.