WE'RE LEAVING(82)

You and Carlos woke up the next day feeling tired. You felt a burning sensation on your face and shoulders, you thought you should have used more sunscreen. You stretched and yawned, Carlos stood up from the bed.

-Look at this! -Carlos said. -It's amazing!

You got up and walked over to the window. Outside, the blue seastretched to the horizon. Green mountains rose in the distance and ships sailed across the water.

-It's beautiful. -you said. -It looks like a postcard.

Carlos showered and when he finished, you did too. You chose a long beige waist slit strap dress. You dried your hair with the small dryer that was in the bathroom. You just put on mascara and left the bathroom. Carlos was leaning on the balcony railing, admiring the view. You approached him and he turned to look at you. 

-Do you want to go home now? -he asked.

-Not really. -you paused. -I mean, a part of me wants to because I miss my brother but I really do love it here.

-You know what? -he asked. You looked at him curious. -This will be our escape place. We'll come here whenever we want, to escape reality, to take a break.

-I like that. -you smiled.

-But seriously, when do you want to go back to Monaco?

-We can take the ferry on Monday, let's enjoy the weekend here.

You remembered when you were 16 years old and you traveled for the first time only with Charles and Carlos. Charles was 17 at the time and Carlos was 20. Even though you were just a year younger than Charles, they treated you like you were a little girl and that annoyed you so much. 

You went to Sardinia, Italy, you had never been there so you were excited, although your brother was angry that you were going, you didn't care, Carlos was your friend too. 

You thought it was going to be a trip to explore the island and relax but it was quite the opposite. You were there for a week and everyday they were drunk.

-Where are we going? -you asked trying to keep up walking.

-To a party on a yacht. -Charles said, giving Carlos a high five.

-Another party? Don't you think you had enough? 

-If you didn't want to come, you should have stayed at the hotel. -Charles replied.

-Mate, relax. -Carlos said. -You're going to have a great time, Y/n but, you can't drink.

-Who are you? My father? -you said in a rude tone, you were sick of always being treated differently.

-Leave her, Carlos, let her do whatever she wants, we don't care. -Charles rolled his eyes.

Charles had always been more extroverted than you, you were more reserved. When you arrived at the yacht, you immeadiately felt uncomfortable. The party was full of people and noise. 

Charles was driving in F3, he was already quite well known and well, what could you say about Carlos Sainz in Toro Rosso? 

Carlos and Charles greeted some people you had never seen in your life and you decided to explore the yacht. Everyone was drinking, singing, screaming, laughing and you were lost.

-Hey. -you heard someone next to you, you looked at him, double checking if he was talking to you.

-Hi. -you said. 

-Why are you alone? -he asked. He had big green eyes and a beautiful smile.

-I came with my brother and a friend but I left them somewhere.

-I'm Carlo Stefanoni. -he said. 

-I'm Y/n Leclerc.

-Why is your name so familiar?

-My brother's Charles Leclerc, F3 driver. -you rolled your eyes.

-Oh right! -he looked at you and you faked a smile. -Can I get you a drink? -you nodded. He started walking and you followed him, he turned to look at you and took your hand, you felt weird but didn't let go. He poured you some drink in a cup and gave it to you, you didn't even ask what it was and you drank it all. You wanted to try and have a good time. -Slow down. -he chuckled.

-Look, I didn't want to come here so the least I can do is get drunk. -he took your cup and poured you another drink.

You were dancing to the beat of a song, you felt lighter, Carlo was still with you. You searched the room and saw Charles with some girl in a corner and Carlos with some other girl, you rolled your eyes and drank some more. Your gaze met Carlos's and immeadiately his face changed when he saw you with Carlo dancing with his hands on your waist, Carlos walked towards you.

-Let go of her. -he said as he came closer.

-Who are you? His boyfriend? -Carlo asked, challenging him.

-Carlos, go away, you were busy and I'm busy. -you said putting your arms around Carlo's neck.

-How old are you? -Carlos asked Carlo.

-I'm 23. -Carlo said. -Look, man, she didn't mention a boyfriend, leave us alone.

-Do you know how old is she, you perv? -Carlos said pulling you. -She's 16, asshole.

-What? I didn't know, I swear.

-Go away. -Carlos said and Carlo left, you rolled your eyes. -What the hell, Y/n?

-I was having fun, that's what you and my brother wanted. -you said.

-We're leaving. 

-I don't want to go.

-Why? You want to stay and be with that idiot? What if he did something to you?

-Like what? Have sex? I don't mind.

-Shut up and come with me, we're leaving now.

You didn't understand before, but Carlos was always looking out for you, you always thought it was because he was the oldest of you three and he acted like a big brother and that it was his "role" but since you were 7 and he was 11, he has always wanted to take care of you and protect you because he cares about you and loves you. You understood it until later in life but he was your crush, your forbidenn love, something impossible until you knew it wasn't.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a little throwback of Y/n life

here's today's chapter as promised, don't forget to vote and tell me what did you think, what do you think's going to happen next