HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE?(91)

You opened your eyes and looked at your right, Carlos wasn't there.

-I couldn't leave her. -you heard him say. -I know, I'm sorry, she needed me, you have to understand that.

You got out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush your teeth. You looked in the mirror and sighed.

You left the room and saw Carlos recharged at the kitchen counter. He was with his gaze lost, looking at a fixed point. You cleared your throat, letting him know you were there.

-Good morning. -you said shyly. -If you need to go, don't let me stop you.

-It's okay. -he said.

-Thank you for staying but I'm fine, go back to the hotel. -you served a glass of water.

-I'm not leaving until you tell me what was going on. -he said. You were afraid that he would ask, that he would bring up the subject.

-The truth is, sometimes when I drink, it becomes easier for me to take out everything I have accumulated inside, I explode. I know it isn't right and I'm deeply sorry if I gave you a hard time last night.

-I don't care how hard of a time you give me, you know I'm always here for you, no matter how hard it gets. -he looked at the floor. -You really scared me last night.

-It wasn't my intention. -you stood next to him. -You should get back to Lucía, I heard you, I imagine she's angry.

-She is. -he giggled. -I'm sorry I didn't... -you stopped him.

-You don't have to be sorry, things happen, now go, she's probably waiting for you, we can talk later. -he gave you a sweet kiss on your forehead and left.

You didn't feel like doing anything but you didn't want to be alone either.

You took a shower, feeling the hot water on your back, trying to relax. You got out of the shower and put on denim shorts, a black top and a white shirt on top of it. You put on your black converse and drove to Charles's place. You knocked on the door and Charlotte opened it.

-Oh my God, hi! -she said letting you in.

-What's all this? -you asked. There were pizza boxes, sodas, the tables was set. 

-Carlos and Lucía are coming over. -she said.

-I'm sorry, I should go, I wasn't invited.

-Don't be stupid. -Charles said getting out if his room. -We were going to call you.

-I know you don't want to be around them, actually it took us by surprise too, we know nothing about her.

-Apparentely she is Blanca's friend, that's all I know. -you shrunked your shoulders. There was a knock on the door and you figured it was them. Charles opened it and greeted them.

-I'll make him talk. -Charles whispered in your ear. -I forgot to buy chips, Carlos, come with me.

-Okay. -he said and they left.

-Carlos POV-

-You should've told  me to get some. -I said as we got into his car.

-I forgot. -he started the car. -So, Lucía huh? 

-Yeah... -I said, that's the only thing that came out of my mouth.

-Is it serious? -he asked.

-I don't know. I've known her for some time now, we hooked up when I was in Madrid.

-So you're sleeping with her and that's it?

-I don't know what to tell you, mate. -I said looking out the window. -I don't know what I'm doing.

-It's cool if you're with her, I mean, if you want to be with her then that's okay, right?

I knew what Charles was doing, he wanted me to give him all the details. Truth was I had no details, I told him the truth. I liked her but she wasn't her. I guess I'm just distracting myself with somebody else.

I didn't expect Y/n to be there. Being there, being near her, it's dangerous, it's always dangerous. I would just want what I couldn't have, or it seemed like it. I had to be careful, keep my distance but I just couldn't. I care so much for her. I know she knows how much I still cared about her and probably it could all be over because of it but I was willing to risk it. 

This morning I was going to tell her I'm sorry I didn't tell her about Lucía but that it wasn't anything serious but she didn't let me finish and I want to tell her, I really do but I don't want to fuck up anything.

Charles entered the store and came out with 2 bags of chips, he got in the car and he drove back. When we entered his apartment, Charlotte was talking to Lucía and Y/n was sitting on the couch, I smiled and sat next to her.

-How are you? -I said bumping my shoulder against hers.

-Good,, good. -she replied. -I didn't know you were having this get-together but I didn't want to be alone.

-I'm glad you're here, I would've stayed with you but...

-I get it, you had to be with her, it's alright. -she said as she stood up. She approached Lucía and Charlotte and Lucía approached me, I guess she didn't want to be near Y/n, which I found weird since she doesn't even know her.

-I didn't know whe was going to be here. 

-Me neither. -I said looking at her.

-Have you ever been in love? -she asked out of nowhere. I looked around to see if anyone was listening.

-Have you? -I asked her back.

-I asked you first. 

-Well, yes.

-How many times? 

-Once. -I looked at Y/n, she was laughing with Charlotte.

-How did you know you were in love? -she asked. I didn't have an answer, I just knew, from the first time I saw her when we were just 2 innocent, little kids

-Could you ever love me the way you love her? -she asked, catching me off guard, again.

-I really do like you but-

-So no, huh? 

-I'm sorry.

-You don't have to be, you're honest and a good guy, Carlos. -she said. -This isn't serious anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucía my girl, you need to get out of the picture ykwim?

we didn't get to the goal but here's next chapter!! 

unlock next chapter: 29 votes, 15 comments or 'til Feb 28 

thank you for reading ly bye