A THOUSAND LITTLE PIECES(56)

-Carlos POV-

Thursday

-Silvia, please listen to me, I can't do this, Isa doesn't deserves this, I don't deserve this, Y/n doesn't deserve this.

-Carlos, I'm really sorry, I can't do anything just now, you'll have to wait, it's temporary.

-Y/n is going to be heart broken.

-You can't tell her, Carlos, no one can know.

-Are you serious?

-I'm so sorry, please understand.

-I don't think I will. -I stepped outside the office. -Thank you for your time. -I looked up and Isa was waiting for me.

-Let's go, Isa. -we were leaving, I put a hand on her waist to guide her.

-So, what do you want to do?

-I'll go take a nap, do whatever you want. -I said annoyed.

-Carlos, people need to see us in public, let's take a walk in the city.

-We can take a walk near the hotel, only for a few minutes but that's it.

-Fine. 

-Y/n POV-

Friday

-Rise and shine sleepy head. -you heard Lando.

-No, I'll stay here forever.

-Let's go, it's free practice day, you need to go support me.

-It's not the real competition, Lando, today you don't need my support.

-Shut up, take a shower and come with me, I'll meet you in the lobby in an hour. -he said and then left.

Your heart was pounding in your chest, it was the last minutes of practice and even if it was just practice, you were nervous and not only because of that, but because you knew that Isa was in Ferrari's garage and you were in McLaren's, so close, you didn't want to bump into her.

Practice ended, Lando got a great result, you were happy for him, he got P2, your excitement was even bigger when you saw Charles got P4, you were hoping they could keep it up the whole weekend, it was just the beginning.

Lando got out of the car and ran to you, with a big smile on his face, he was sweaty, he had marks on his face and his hair was disheveled. You had flashbacks of when you were together and you almost never set foot into Ferrari's garage.

-P2 babyyyy. -you hugged him.

-Amazing practice, papaya boy. -you ran a hand through his hair, you looked behind him and Carlos was walking to his garage, he saw you with Lando and looked away, your heart hurt.

-Thank you for staying here, Y/n, you motivated me.

-You know a part of my heart belongs to McLaren. -you winked.

-Hi, girl Leclerc. -Daniel approached you, he looked sad.

-Hey, Ricciardo.

-Congrats, mate. -he gave Lando a hug.

-Thank you, Daniel, you did good too.

-Nah, don't lie, I know I can do better, sometimes I don't know what it is.

-Daniel, don't worry, it's only practice one, you have the whole weekend to improve. -you gave him a warm smile.

-That's sweet, thanks Y/n. -he walked away.

-Do you want to say hi to your brother?

-I'll just see him later, I don't really want to go to their garage, you know.

-Yeah, of course, well just wait for me, I need to talk to Zak, see you out there, okay? 

-I'll wait for you. -you smiled and he kissed your forehead.

You went out to the paddock, with a thousand things in mind, you saw people walking around, all the fans, family members of the other drivers, all with smiles on their faces but you were not one of them, a sadness washed over you, you wanted to go back in time, before Carlos told you that  you had to hide for a while, before you broke up thanks to that, before seeing him with Isa.

You felt like you were back then, when your love for Carlos was a secret and he was with Isa and you felt like it was almost impossible for you to be with him. 

You felt nostalgic, desperate, you wanted to cry and scream, you wanted to run to Carlos, kiss him and tell him you love him, that you can't stand another second away from him but it was impossible, you couldn't do it, you had to move on even if it hurt a lot, you had no hope now of getting back together with him, your heart was broken into a thousand little pieces.

You leaned against the wall, you only watched people pass by, you still didn't see Lando, you sat on the floor, waiting, playing with your fingers because that's what you did when you felt anxious, you looked up once more but it wasn't Lando, you saw Isa coming out next to Carlos, their hands intertwined, she had a big smile on her face, you felt sick. Some fans made them stop to take pictures and sign stuff they brought, a few seconds later you finally saw Lando walking towards you, you smiled and he gave you his hand to help you get up, you looked over to Carlos and Isa, the fans were gone, he was looking at you, your eyes went to Lando.

-Ready? -he smiled.

-Born ready. -you took his hand.

-What are you doing? -he asked confused but you could see it on his face, he was happy you did that.

-Oh sorry. -you let go.

-No. -he grabbed your hand again. -I like it. -he kissed your cheek and you blushed, maybe it was time to give your heart a second chance, to give you and Lando a second chance.

-Let's go then.

You felt proud to be holding his hand, you knew that Lando appreciated you and was grateful that you were by his side supporting him this weekend. If you got to be with Lando again, you wouldn't have to sneak away, you wouldn't have to be a secret ever, even if it was for a little while, that wouldn't have to be necessary, Carlos had not take long to get together with Isa, that was the sign you needed, to move on, to forget about him. You were thinking on talking to Lando about it, about everything, you wanted to put the cards on the table and see what could happen, putting yourself first and without hurting him, this time could be different.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here's today's chapter! I'm going on vacation later today, I'll try and post these days

we love how supportive Y/n is with Lando and everyone really, omg !! 

don't forget to vote and comment!!!