I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE(90)

-Do you want to kill yourself or something? -he asked driving your car.

-What are you even talking about? -you said angry.

-Were you really going to drive right now? You're drunk.

-I'm fine, Carlos, I'm always fine! -you yelled. -I don't need this. -you took off your seatbelt.

-What are you doing?

-Stop the car or I'll jump.

-You're insane, you're not doing anything, put your seatbelt back on!

-Stop the fucking car! -Carlos braked and you almost hit your head. You got out of the car.

-What is going on? -he said getting out of the car. -Why are you so angry?

-Leave me alone. -you started to tear up. -Just leave me here, go back to the hotel, just leave.

-I'm not doing that. -he tried to hold you.

-Stop! -more tears came out of your eyes, you pushed him.

-Did that guy did something to you? -he asked. His gaze was frightened.

-You mean Alan? Of course not, he's like the sweetest guy and I was acting selfishly. -you wiped your tears.

-Why?

-I just want to go home.

-I want to take you home but you're not letting me. -you gave up, he helped you to get in the car and adjusted your seatbelt. He started the car. You were looking out the window. -Why can't things just be simpler?

-What do you mean? -he asked as he drove and you fell asleep.

You felt how he accommodated you in bed, he turned off the light and you reached for his hand.

-I don't want to be alone. -you said with your eyes narrowed.

-You're not alone. -he lay next to you.

You were struggling to fall asleep but you were calmer.

"Why can't things be simpler?" Was stuck in your head. If you love Carlos and Carlos loves you, why can't you just simply be together? You were always almost there and then life and people got in the way, it was exhausting and you almost felt like giving up, move on with your life, let Carlos be on his own and you on yours but you knew, deep inside that's not the way, you weren't going to give up.

You wanted to tell him you love him, that he is the love of your life, he's the one and the only one, that for you he is just it, your endgame but you didn't want to risk it, not now.

You were tired of trying to fill the void with other people, tired of trying to feel something with someone else. Your void could only be filled with Carlos, he is your missing piece, your complement.

You felt like you were lost without him. You knew who you were with and without him, it's just that there was a missing piece.

You hated that your emotions depended on a person. You hated to lose control, you hated that you alone destroyed yourself. That wasn't fair to you. You needed to be kind to yourself, don't let it hurt you so much. Understand that in this life there are stages, everything happens and some things don't happen and that's okay. Understand that you couldn't force things, that it wasn't your fault, not even his.

"Why can't things be simpler?" You repeated that in your head. Maybe if things were simpler, everything would be boring and predictable. Things were because they had to be.

You settled in bed and let out a sigh. Carlos was already asleep next to you and you whispered an "I love you." You closed your eyes and tiredness won you over.

You didn't want to fight anymore, you didn't want to be angry anymore, everything was as it had to be and you would have to be fine with that.

You were going to continue your life as it was. You were going to propose not to try to feel something in dead ends. You were going to focus on your work, on your brother, on you and things will happen. You were done. You thought that with what happened with Lando, you were going to have more clarity but it turned out the opposite and you were no longer going to allow it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the awkward car talk is here !! what do you think will happen next?

it's a short chapter, sorry :(

unlock next chapter: 30 votes, 12 comments or 'til february 24

thank you so much for the support, I love reading your comments
reminder that I have other story up and running, it's in spanish !!  (Fun fact I'm from Mexico)

thank you so much for the support, I love reading your comments reminder that I have other story up and running, it's in spanish !!  (Fun fact I'm from Mexico)