CALL ME(81)

When you approached the pool, you saw Carlos and Lara sitting on the edge of the pool. Carlos had his arm around Lara's shoulders, she was smiling at him.

You felt a twinge of jealousy but you quickly suppressed it. You weren't going to let that ruin your day.

-C'mon. -Pierre said holding your hand. -Don't let him bother you, you're just friends, remember? -you walked again and nodded.

-That was quick. -Lara said putting one of her hands on Carlos's leg. You rolled your eyes and Pierre put one arm around your shoulders.

-I was thinking we need alcohol. -Pierre said. -I'll go to the store and get us some beers or something. 

-Sounds good. -Carlos said to him. 

-Fine, I'll be right back. -he let go of you and you whispered on his ear. 

-Don't leave me with those two. 

-You'll be fine. -he winked.

-Wait. -Lara yelled. -I'll go with you, I like to choose my own poison. 

You didn't know what it was but Lara irritated you. You waved goodbye to Pierre and went into the pool. You stared at Lara, a bit happy because she decided to accompany Pierre and a part of you wanted her not to return.

-What's up with you? -Carlos asked. 

You were floating in the water not knowing what to say.

-Where did you find Lara? -you asked unbothered. -I haven't seen her before. -He laughed.

-I met her this morning. -you raised your eyebrows. -I'd say we got to know each other pretty well in just a few hours.

-Whatever. -you swam to Carlos's side and leaned on the edge of the pool.

-I didn't say anything when you hooked up with Pierre the other night. -he rolled his eyes and you looked at him.

-I didn't say anything either, you can do whatever and whoever you want, Carlos. -you snorted.

-I'm thinking on staying the night with her so you and Pierre can have the room all for yourselves. 

-How thoughtful. Thanks but no thanks, if you're going with her, I want to be alone.

-Oh c'mon, you're dying to sleep with Pierre again, I can tell. 

-We're friends, that's it.

-He's a friend you sleep with. We're friends too and you don't have sex with me. -he said looking away.

-It's different, Carlos.

-And how's that? Not that I care but please explain.

You let out a sigh. -If we ever do it again, I want it to be special, I want to do it because we're together. -you looked at your hands. -You're not just some guy, Carlos. I love you. That's why I don't make a move or whatever. -you looked at him. -Yeah, I have a connection with Pierre that I can't even understand and of course I care about him but...he isn't you. That's why it's easier. And that night was the last time, I can't keep doing that, it's not going to get me anywhere and neither will Pierre.

Carlos just sat there, he didn't say a word. You felt ridiculous but you had to say that, it was the truth after all. Your words took you by surprise, you weren't used to express your feelings and thoughts but it felt good.

-Anyway. -you said. -I'm done playing this game, I wanted to make you jealous with Pierre because you brought Lara but have fun with her. -you got out of the pool and wrapped yourself with the towel.