CAN WE TALK?(38)

You couldn't manage to sleep despite your brother's comforting words. You watched the sunrise and listened to the birds sing. You got out of Charles' room and stood in front of the closed door of Carlos' room, unsure whether to knock or not. After about 5 minutes, without thinking, you raised your fist and knocked on the door three times. Nerves coursed through your body. You didn't receive a response and knocked again, hearing a faint groan. He didn't open the door, so you grabbed the handle and opened it yourself. You weren't going to wait any longer. He was lying on his side, with one arm under his head, holding his phone in his other hand. He looked so good it hurt. He noticed you standing there and glanced at you, placing his phone on the nightstand and sitting up.

-Can I sit? -You asked.

-Yeah. -He pointed the bed with his hand.

-Did you managed to sleep? -You sat.

-Not really, you spent the night talking on the phone, don't worry, I didn't hear a thing.

-Oh, I'm sorry, I was talking with Charles. -You forced a smile. -Can we talk?

-We're talking, Y/n.

-You know what I mean, Carlos. I'm sorry.

-Yes, it bothered me, to be honest. If it had been anyone else, maybe I wouldn't have reacted this way, but Pierre, your ex, you know what I think of him. I thought you had realized what he's really like.

-I'm not going to defend Pierre, but I truly believe that I know who he is. He has always been good to me, and at least with me, he's not a bad person. I was having an internal debate because what I did wasn't necessarily wrong. I was single, not seeing anyone, and I wanted to be honest with you before you found out another way. I just want us to be okay and move forward, Carlos. -Carlos took a moment to process your words, his expression softening. He sighed.

-I understand that you were honest with me, and I appreciate that. It's just... hearing about you being with Pierre, someone I've never trusted, it hurt. But I don't want this to come between us. It's a new day, let's just leave this behind us, never talk about it again. Let's focus on us.

-May I kiss you? I'm dying to kiss you.

-If I ever say no to that question, kill me. -You lean in towards him, and both of you take a breath before your lips meet.

Carlos had to leave for Austria a few hours later, but both of you were at peace knowing that things were going well and your story was finally beginning. You were a little sad that you couldn't go to the race that weekend, but you were also excited for Patrick's birthday. He had reserved the VIP area of the club for that night. You were planning to go to Patrick's apartment a couple of hours before.

You spent the day reviewing collaboration proposals, reading messages, and answering emails. You got ready when the sun was already setting. You put on a pair of ripped jeans with a shiny low-cut top and black sneakers. You straightened your hair and applied a natural makeup look. You took a selfie and sent it to Carlos, telling him that you missed him. He replied with love emojis.

You got into your car and headed to Patrick's apartment.

-Hey girl!! -He gave you two kisses.

-Happy birthday, Patrick!

-Thank you so much and thank you so much for coming!

-For the first time, you put me before your brother or Sainz!

-Keep it up, and our relationship will be strictly professional, manager. -You said jokingly.

-So funny, Leclerc -He made a funny face. -So we'll meet everyone at the club, we should get going but first, you need to take a shot. -He said, handing you a shot glass.

-The things I do for you. -You took it.

-As if you didn't love it, silly.

Your friendship with Patrick was very special. You were able to perfectly separate work from personal matters. You had known him for several years, and to be honest, he was your only friend. Now, Charlotte has also become your friend, but you've always been someone with few friends. You've always kept your circle small. It was somewhat challenging because you couldn't trust just anyone. People always seemed to want to take advantage of you or your brother.

You arrived at the nightclub and went straight to the second floor where the VIP section was located. You scanned the room, but you didn't really know anyone there. Sometimes, these situations made you feel anxious, but you didn't want to ruin Patrick's birthday. The only familiar face you saw besides Patrick's was his boyfriend, Raphael.

-Hello handsome. -Raphael said to Patrick and kissed him. -Hi Y/n!! I'm so glad you're here!

-Raphael! Me too -You gave him a smile.

-Why didn't you bring one of the racing hotties? -You laughed.

-They're working, remember it's every weekend, but I would have liked to have someone come with me.

-Lando was his name?

-Oh honey, they broke up. -Patrick gestured for him to stop talking, your smile twisted upon hearing that name.

-I'm seeing Carlos now. -You paused. -Wow I really sound like a whore. -You all laughed.

-You're not Y/n, stop it. Next time bring him, okay? -Patrick put one hand on your shoulder.

-Of course. -You smiled with your eyes.

The night was going smoothly, and you were having a good time. You had decided not to drink much that night. You were dancing with Patrick and Raphael, laughing and enjoying yourselves.

You went to the bathroom to have a moment alone and recharge your social battery. Sometimes, it was challenging for you to socialize when you didn't know anyone at the venue. You decided to text Carlos, but you hesitated, unsure if he was awake at that hour. You sent it anyway.

You: I miss you, chili.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, sighed, adjusted your hair, and left the bathroom, heading towards the VIP area. As you arrived, you felt your phone vibrate.

Carlos: I miss you too, niña. Are you drunk texting me?

You: I'm not even drinking! *laughing emoji* Why are you up?

Carlos: We had a dinner with all the drivers. I just got into bed.

-Put the phone away! -Patrick snatched your phone away.

-Stop! -You laughed. -Hey, do you mind if I go? I'm kind of tired.

-Oh Y/n, don't worry! Thank you so much for coming, it really means a lot.

-Anything for my favorite manager. -You kissed his cheek.

——————————————————-
hey guys, I'm just so happy when I read your comments and knowing you're liking the story <3 tysm I really appreciate it!
Please vote !!