ONE LAST NIGHT(31)

You stood up slowly, walking towards the door. You gently grabbed the handle but didn't open it. You didn't want to. Finally, you did, and there he was, standing there. He was wearing a white McLaren hoodie and black pants. His cap was turned backward on his head.

-I read your letter. -He looked at you, and you couldn't decipher if he was angry or sad, or maybe both. In reality, you found it endearing. -Can I come in?

-Yeah, of course. -You let him in and closed the door behind you. You leaned against it while he stood in front of you. You gave him a smile, a tender smile of forgiveness. He smiled back, but it wasn't his usual smile. You moved away from the door and sat on the bed, inviting him to sit down as well.

-I'm not here to forgive you, not yet. -He said playing with the letter in his hands.

-I get it, take all the time you need. -He looked at you with a mix of emotions in his eyes. After a brief moment of silence, he finally spoke.

-I... I didn't expect it. I didn't expect to feel this way, to realize how much pain we've both been through, I know you are hurting too. I'm sorry, for the way I talked to you this morning. -He paused, his gaze filled with sincerity. -I want you to know that I still care about you deeply. We may have our own journeys to navigate, but I don't want to lose you completely. Maybe we need some time apart to figure things out, but I believe that if we're meant to be in each other's lives, we'll find our way back. And if we don't, then I hope we can at least cherish the memories we shared. I will forgive you, Y/n, sooner rather than later but right now I'm in pain, it hurts. -Lando reached out and gently held your hand, his touch comforting and warm. -Thank you for writing the letter. It reminded me of the love we had and the connection we shared. It's not easy, but I hope we can find a way to move forward, whether as friends or something more. Just know that you're not alone, I will always be there for you.

-Lando, I appreciate your honesty and the fact that you took the time to read my letter. It means a lot to me. -You squeeze his hand gently, seeking reassurance in the connection between you. -I still care about you too, Lando. Our journey hasn't been easy, it's all my fault, just know that I'm truly sorry. I don't want to lose you completely either. You've been an important part of my life, and I cherish the memories we've shared. -Taking a moment to collect your thoughts, you continue. -I'm willing to give you the space you need, I'm here for you too, always, if you give me the chance, I want to be your friend, take the time you need. -You give him a small smile, hoping he understands the depth of your emotions. -Thank you for coming.

At that moment, Lando cupped your face with his hands and kissed you. It took you by surprise, but you didn't stop him. You knew he needed it, and truthfully, so did you. One of your hands ran through his hair, while the other delicately rested on his face and then trailed down to his neck. His hand moved to your waist, pulling you closer to him. You shifted, positioning yourself on top of him. The way his hand touched your cheek and the other caressed your thigh felt good. Your mind went blank, completely focused on Lando kissing you with tenderness and passion. Your hands traveled to the back of his neck, pulling him closer to you.

-We shouldn't be doing this... -You said before kissing him again. You felt him nod.

He gasped as you both laid back on the bed. He couldn't stop kissing you, as if you were going to disappear. You weren't going anywhere. His hands slipped under your shirt, the cold touch of his ring made you flinch, and he silenced your moan with his kisses. Lando had always been tender and gentle, but this time he was different, more aggressive and energetic. You liked it, it turned you on.

-I want you to be mine for one last night.

You gently pulled his hair to signal him to kiss you again, and he smiled against your lips. You attempted to take off your shirt, but he stopped you and insisted on removing it himself. You sat on top of him and assisted him in taking off his hoodie.

A ray of light was what woke you up, you were only wearing Lando's hoodie with nothing underneath, so it wasn't a dream, it did happen. You turned to your side and there was Lando, sleeping face down, with one arm tucked under the pillow. You knew that this didn't mean he forgave you, but it was a good way to say goodbye. Both of you needed it, and things were going to calm down a bit. You thought that what they said about break-up sex was a myth, but no, it was a reality, and what a good reality it was. You saw Lando rubbing his eyes and opening them, he saw you, a ray of light shining directly into his eyes, they looked beautiful, and you smiled at him.

-Thank you for last night. -You said.

-Last night was amazing. -He looked at the time and immediately got up. -Shit! I got to go. -You took off his hoodie to hand it back to him, and he put on his pants and gave you a farewell kiss. -I'm sorry! It's a habit. -He said and left the room, you thought it was cute. You stayed under the sheets for a while, naked, reflecting on what happened last night.

You felt sore all over your body; you had certainly poured out all your emotions. You tried to get up, but it was impossible. You texted Charles, telling him that you would see him after practice, and then you fell asleep.

———————————————-
hi everyone! I couldn't leave you without knowing what happens next so here's the next chapter :))
have a great week! don't forget to vote and leave a comment 🫶🏻