YOU ARE WORTHLESS(55)

-Carlos POV-

-Did they call you to a meeting too? -I asked Charles.

-No, what meeting?

-Caco told me to meet the team after I settled in the hotel.

-Really? That's weird, so you're going to the office now?

-I mean, I don't have a choice.

-Do you want me to come with you?

-No Charles, don't worry, stay with Charlotte, I'll see you after.

I went to the circuit because the offices were there, I was nervous, worried, I didn't know what to expect, Caco hadn't expressed much.

-Carlos! -Caco said the second he saw me.

-What's up, Caco, I'm nervous, what's going on?

-Silvia wanted to talk to you.

-About what? Y/n and I broke up, what else does she want?

-Look, I don't know, just go. -he pushed me, I walked over her office and knocked on the crystal door.

-Carlos! So glad you could make it, thank you for joining me, how are you?

-Hi Silvia, I'm actually confused, what's going on?

-We're thinking in a PR relationship...I'll just cut to the chase. -she sighed, I was sweating. -You need to get back together with Isa.

-Excuse me? No, absolutely not.

-Paying the media to say you and Y/n are only friends didn't work because someone saw you two together and right now we can't risk it so we'll say you're back together with your ex-girlfriend.

-Silvia, this is insane, I can't do that, how is this even an option?

-I'm sorry Carlos but you need to do it, you have a contract, I hate to say that to you but you do, I don't have much to do or say, please understand, it will be for a couple of weeks or months.

-I broke up with Y/n, isn't that enough? My life's basically ruined.

-I'm sorry, I know that hurt you but it's not enough. -she clasped her hands.

-So I need to talk to Isa about this? I really hate this.

-No, don't worry, we already talked to her and she accepted, gladly, she's here waiting for you actually, you'll go together to the hotel so people can see you, don't worry, you don't have to stay in the same room, she has her own.

-Jeez, thank you. -I rolled my eyes. -Is that it?

-Yes, thank you for coming and I really am sorry, I know this sucks. -I didn't reply to her and I left, I saw Isa on the couch.

Y/n was the love of my life, my girlfriend, well, now ex-girlfriend but not for long. I know her perfectly well, from head to toe, almost as I know myself. This plan was crazy, everything was getting more and more complicated and Y/n tends to shut down when something happens to her and I know this is going to hurt her a lot.

-Hi Carlos. -she smiled. -I guess you can't get rid of me.

-Yeah, I guess, are you ready? -I walked out, she followed me.

-Aren't you happy we get to spend some time together? -she got in the car.

-Isa, it's not real, why would I be happy about any of this? They are literally paying you for me to be with you in a relationship, that's fucked up.

-I don't mind. -she said with pride, I rolled my eyes.

-Do you have a room already?

-Yes, Carlos, I checked in earlier today.

-Okay good, we'll see each other tomorrow, we'll go together.

-Of course, I'll be ready. -she smiled.

We arrived at the hotel, she went to her room and I went to Charles and Charlotte's room, when I arrived I knocked three times and after a few seconds, Charlotte opened the door.

-Oh! You're back already, come in.

-Hi, yes.

-So? What was the mysterious meeting for? -Charles asked curious.

-Long story short, they didn't care that your sister and I broke up so they'll pay my ex, Isa, to be my fake girlfriend for a couple of weeks or months Silvia said.

-What? -Charles and Charlotte said at the same time.

-Crazy, right? I can't imagine what would Y/n think, I really hate this, everything was so perfect. -I paused. -I'm 26 years old, I have the right to live my life how I want to, without having to explain myself to anyone.

-You know you can't do that, mate, it sucks, I know, I get it but unfortunatley this is how things work, they will use Isa to give a different face, that's all, we know it isn't real.

It seemed ridiculous and stupid. Y/n didn't know anything, Ferrari and the FIA didn't care about my personal life, much less Y/n's, they didn't care if there were hurt feelings, they only cared about what people said and were going to say.

-I know Charles but things shouldn't be like this.

-You're acting like Silvia or Caco wanted this, like they want to screw you over, I can assure you they're not, Carlos.

-Why can't they just empathize with me? This is too much, it's ridiculous.

-They really don't care about you as a person, they care about you based on what you sell, your performance in races, what you offer to the team...you as a person...you are worthless to them, we are, I'm not talking specifically about Caco or Silvia.

-I know but it doesn't make it right.

-We need to tell Y/n. -Charlotte said.

-I can't, she won't talk to me again...like ever.

-Carlos, you need to tell her, talk to her when she gets here or she's going to find out on her own and she will overthink everything.

-I don't think she'd care, she had a great time with Lando and Pierre, God knows what they did.

-Don't be stupid, you're the love of her life. -she replied.

-I'll try to talk to her but I'm scared, I feel like I'm going to lose her forever, we'll just screw it up, I will.

-It's worth a shot, maybe she'll understand.

-I don't think she'll understand, I need to talk to Silvia again, I'll talk to her tomorrow, see if I can change things.

-Good luck with that, mate, you know how they are.

———————————————-
I just realized chapter 55 is a Carlos POV omg !!
I hope you enjoy, don't forget to vote and comment ! Thank youuuu