I JUST NEED TIME(76)

You got out of the car with your stuff and walked in the hotel. You checked in and got to your room. The bed was in front of a huge window, it opened onto a small terrace with two chairs and a small table in between them. You could see trees and the ocean from there. Downstairs you had a private rectangular pool. You entered the bathroom, it had a nice tub and on one side there were two robes hanging. The bathroom has a small vanity with its chair.

On a side from the room, there was other window that opened to a rectangular table with six chairs, that small space was surrounded by trees. Next to the table was a hammock. The hotel itself was beautiful but your room was nice and cozy, you loved it.

-Can I post an Instagram story? -you asked.

-Why not? We didn't tell anyone we were coming here, I'm sure Charles will call you to tell him what we are doing. -he laughed. You opened Instagram and posted one of the videos you took from the ferry.

-Do you want to get in the pool? Or go to the beach? -you asked unpacking.

-Whatever you want. -he smiled.

You placed your things in the small closet the room had and your personal hygiene items in the bathroom. You grabbed your bikini and put it on. You packed a white bikini and an orange one. You chose the white and took a mirror selfie posting it to your story.

 You chose the white and took a mirror selfie posting it to your story

You got out of the bathroom. Carlos was sitting on one of the chairs outside. He already had his swimsuit on. He turned to look at you when he heard you come out.

-I was thinking we could stay here today and tomorrow go to the beach. -you stood in front of him, he nodded. -What? Cat got your tongue? -you giggled.

-No, it's just... -he looked at you from head to toe. -White really suits you, you're beautiful.

-Thank you. -you said blushing. You grabbed his hand and made him stand up. -Let's go.

You went down to the pool, each one with a towel on your shoulders. You left them and your phones on the edge of the pool and got in. The water was warm, it felt nice.

-Oh my God. -you laughed reaching your phone.

-What? -Carlos asked curious.

-Charles is calling. -you put him on speaker.

-What are you doing in Corsica?

-Hello to you too, brother. -you laughed. -I wanted to get away and Carlos made that happen.

-Hello, mate. -Carlos said getting closer.

-Is everything okay? Carlos didn't say much when he went to the Bahamas for you.

-Don't worry, I'll tell you all about it when we get home, just know I'm happy right now. -you smiled.

-That's good, Y/n, well, have fun, I love you!

-Love you too, Charles. -you said and hung up. -How long do we plan to stay here?

-As long as you want, I have no problem.

-Thank you for bringing me here. -you said. -I don't know what I would have done without you. -Carlos looked at you and smiled.

-You don't have to thank me for anything. -he said. -I just want you to be happy and thank you for letting me be your friend again.

-We've been through a lot. -you sank into the pool and came out again. -I want you to always be in my life, you know that.

-And I'm happy to be in it, I'm glad everything is okay. -he squeezed your shoulder, you looked into his eyes and then his lips, you wanted to kiss him so bad but you didn't want to screw things up. You smiled at him and went to the other side of the pool, pretending to see the lanscape. -Hey. -you heard him saying and you looked at him.

-Yes? -you asked.

-I think it's best if we stay here, I just remembered I can't be seen with anyone. -you closed your eyes, you forgot too.

-Oh...yeah, no problem.

-I'm sorry, Y/n. -he said. -I don't want to go through this again but I hope you understand.

-Carlos, I get it, don't worry, really. -you smiled. -We're not together anyway. -it hurt to say that but it was the truth, you wanted to be single for a while. -But thank you again for running away with me on this little vacation. -you got out of the pool and layed down to tan, he did the same.

-We could order some food and watch a movie.

-I would like that. -you smiled.

You were happy to be there with Carlos, you felt at peace. Even if you couldn't be seen in public together, it wasn't like the first time, it wasn't like when you two broke up.

You spent a couple more hours in the pool and sunbathing until you decided to go to your room and take a shower. He showered first and then you got in. When you got dressed with a blue short and a white crop top, you got out of the batroom, you noticed Carlos set the air conditioning to 16°C, the way you liked so you could cover yourself.

You looked over the window and noticed the table outside had flowers and it was ready for you to eat, you looked at Carlos and he opened the window.

-Hungry? -he asked letting you go outside first.

-Famished. -you smiled. -What is this?

-I know it's not a fancy dinner at a restaurant but I wanted you to feel better, I ordered burgers and fries.

-This is so sweet! -you hugged him. He moved away a little bit but didn't let go, you stared at each other for a few seconds and you felt your temperature rise. You let go before he or you did something. You took a seat and started to eat. He pured white wine into the glasses, you smiled at him. -I love to eat burgers with white wine, so fancy.

-Of course, it's the best way. -he giggled.

-I missed this.

-What? -he put his glass on thr table.

-Us, you, I missed you as a friend. -Carlos smiled.

-I missed you too. Look, you know I'm not going to pressure you, whatever has to happen, will happen and here I will be as your friend, as something more, as whatever but I will always be here. -he said looking at you. You blushed and smiled. You didn't want to pressure yourself either, you wanted to take your time, move past what happened with Lando. You wanted to be with Carlos again but right now you felt it wasn't the time.

-I really appreciate your honesty, right now I'm not ready to be with anyone, I hope you understand that.

-I do and know that I won't give up on you.

-Me neither, Carlos, I just need time.

-I know. -he said. -And I respect that.

-Thank you. -you said. -For being so understanding. -Carlos caressed your hand.

-I'm here for you, whatever happens.

You were happy you were friends with Carlos again and everything was normal.

——————————————————
Hello! We didn't get to the 50 votes goal but here's the next chapter bc it's already 2024! My gift for you 🫡
Happy new year everyone, hope all your dreams and goals come true🎆🧘🏼‍♀️🫂💘

Unlock next chapter: 7 comments, 30 votes :)