NICE SURPRISE(97)

(2/2)

September 12, 2021

You and Alan arrived at Monza a day before the race. You arrived late so you went straight to the hotel to sleep.

You woke up, took a quick shower and got dressed. You picked a black skirt, a black top with a Puma jacket on top, black boots that reached below your knees and of course, the Ferrari cap. Alan took a shower after you. You texted Charles, letting him know you were there, as soon as he replied, you heard a knock on the door.

-Sister! -he said as you opened the door.

-Charles! Hi. -you hugged him. You really missed him.

-I didn't know you were coming.

-It was Alan's idea. -you said. -He's in the shower.

-So...are you two...?

-Oh, no! We're just friends, he's been a good friend to me. -you gave him a warm smile.

-I'm glad. -he looked at you. -Nice outfit.

-Thanks.

-I got to run but I'll see on track. -he kissed your head and left. Alan got out of the bathroom. He was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt.

-Who were you talking to?

-Charles. -you smiled. -Hey, listen, I want to thank you for encouraging me to come, I really missed it, just one week without coming and I missed it so much.

-What are friends for? -he hugged you.

You went to the hotel's restaurant and ate breakfast, when you finished, you went to your room to brush your teeth and headed to the track. Alan was mesmerized by everything, he was so excited to be there.

-I've never been to a Formula 1 race. -he mentioned walking next to you.

-Are you loving it?

-Hell yeah I am. -he smiled. You were very happy he was there with you.

-Now we're going to Ferrari, that's where I watch all of the races, you're even going to have a pair of head sets. -you winked at him.

You arrived to Ferrari, when you arrived to the garage, you said hi to everybody, so did Alan.

-You're going to see everything up close, how Carlos and Charles get ready, when they get in their cars, how everyone works.

-This is like, so VIP.

-You made it! -Charles said coming to us. -Alan, is good to see you, have you ever come to a race?

-First time and I'm so excited. -Alan replied to your brother.

-I hope you enjoy it and wish us luck, it's Ferrari's home race.

-Oh, yeah, good luck!

-Shit, there's Carlos. -you said, trying to hide yourself behind Alan.

-You'll be fine. -Charles said, rolling his eyes.

-Go talk to him. -Alan said turning around.

-Alan, no. -you said serious, trying to hide your nerves.

-Nothing will happen, go. -he pushed you. You took a deep breath and walked over to him. Carlos was grabbing his helmet.

-Good luck today. -you said. Carlos looked up, his eyes met yours and a strange sensation ran through your body. He was speechless, you felt ridiculous. -And happy belated birthday. -you added and mentally slapped yourself. He took a step closer to you and wrapped his arms around you. You felt peace.