01 Hidden Island

X300 , GOLDERA ISLAND

I watch the scene happening in front of me. The humans fighting against each other while they train for their combat skills. Some of them were training with swords, spears and even an archer on the side of the battleground as i watched them all.

This is what i have grew up with.

The people in Goldera were trained warriors, at the age of ten, everyone, boys and girls are taught with basic combat and fighting skills. And as they grew up so is their skills until they are worthy enough to be called as warriors.

But what are they training for? Goldera is a hidden island on the West continent. Humans outside the island doesn't know we exist.

A low grumbling sounds vibrated underneath me.

My eyes fell on the dragon that i was sitting. He moves a bit before turning his head to look at me. His name is Servien, from what my father has been calling him. He has a golden scale upon his body, in fact all the dragons here in Goldera have golden scales, hence, the name of the island.

I don't know how it happened but ever since i was a child or even before i was born, there was already a dragon living among us, humans. My father once told me that the elders had created a law and agreement between the two races. Which we cannot harm nor kill one another or death will be the punishment. It was by the elders law that united the dragons and humans here on the island, and does they decided to team up and joined forces.

The elders created a program were kids at the age of ten will start training to become a warrior and once they reach the right age and worthy of becoming one, they will be called as Keepers.

The Keepers or what the others said as Dragon Keepers are trained warriors and able to ride on their own chosen dragons. It is on how they become one, the dragon will be the one who will choose their own Keepers and protect the whole island.

“ Is there anything bothering you, Servien?” i asked him while looking back to his golden red eyes.

No.. there is nothing bothering me. But i can tell that there is something on your mind’

He said to me, telepathically. And that's one thing of their ability, they can talk to us through our mind. At first, when he chose me and speak to me like that, it shocked me greatly that i thought i was going crazy hearing a voice inside my head, but father explained it to me that it is how they communicate.

Sigh.

“ There's also nothing bothering me, Servien, I'm just reminiscing the days that I'm on their shoes” i said gesturing to the kids and teenagers on the battleground.

Hm.. is that so? How about we go for a ride?’

Servien didn't even wait for my reply as he jumps up causing a large amount of dust to fly everywhere before flapping his wings and we both soared in the sky.

_________________

“ Say.. Servien” i started. “ What was it like outside the island?”

He release a breath making me bounce a little from where i am leaning on his side. It was nighttime and Servien were laying on the ground while I'm leaning to his side and staring at the stars.

Dangerous’ he replied shortly causing me to get curious.

“ What do you mean?” i said turning my head to look at him.

Servien opened his eyes revealing his glowing eyes as he stared back at me.

It is what i said. Dangerous’ he said.