50. Surprise

I let out a sigh as soon as the water hit my body and i felt all my stiff muscles relax upon feeling the warm water on me. I open my eyes and think for a minute, letting the water run through my body.

The night before i left, i called Makarov using the gold coin i gave to him and told him that I'll be going away for some time and where i am headed too. He asked why all of a sudden since i told him before that it was long for a few days more but i just shrugged my shoulders at him and he let me go after staring at me for a few minutes. And since it was in the middle of the night, everyone are already sleeping when i sneak out of the apartment and began my little journey. To my second home. And it's been a week since i left and all i did was train and keep my mind busy with something.

After taking some time under the shower i turn it off before wrapping a towel around me and just then, my eyebrows furrow a bit sensing some presence outside. I open the bathroom's door and head in the living room before stopping a little when I'm in front of the door.

My hand wrap around the knob as i pull it open and my eyes widen in full shock upon seeing who the person is.

“ E.. Erza” i whisper staring at her face. She's also looking at me in surprise and i watch as she blinks a little.

“ Enlil.. what are you doing here?” she asked narrowing her eyes a little.

I open the door a little wider and let her in as i requip myself into my usual armor and look at her again who's looking around the house.

I let out a sigh that catches her attention as she turn to look at me.

“ I should be the one asking you that, what are you doing here on Tenrou Island especially outside my house?” i asked as her eyes widen a bit.

“ The master ask me to head here in advance and do some checking on the island for the upcoming S Class trial that will took place in a few days. He told me that i could stay at this house so it wouldn't be a hassle for me making a camp..” she paused for a bit. “ Though i didn't expect to see you here after you left with a note that we found on your room”

She said to me as i remember about the note since i know that someone will try to sneak inside my room. And knowing their habit of breaking inside Lucy's place.. i bet it was Natsu who found the note and told them about it.

I look away from her before clearing my throat a little.

“ Yeah.. uh.. sorry about that” i said scratching the side of my face.

There's a moment of silence after that until i decided to break it and told her that there's another room that she can use. It's actually Mavis and Zera's room but i think they wouldn't mind if someone will use it for the mean time. I led her to it and let herself be comfortable for now and i took my time preparing some food for lunch since it was near afternoon already.

Though it's not long until she goes outside the room and join me in the kitchen as she started to help me with some of the things that should be done while I'm preparing the foods, and after that we both ate in silence. Although i can feel her eyes on me the whole time we both sit there but i didn't dare to look up even for a bit. When we're done with our lunch, she offers to do the dishes even though i tried to refuse but she keeps insisting and i just let out a sigh and step aside letting her do it while i stood there at the kitchen wall and the only thing you can hear is the plates sounds as she washes it.

I glance on her back that was turned from me and i let out a sigh before crossing my arms on my chest.

“ So.. the S Class trial..” i started and she stops from what she was doing and turn around to look at me.

“ Why here? Makarov must have tell you his reasons about that” i told her and waited for an answer as she stayed silent for a minute.

“ I don't really know why he decides something like that but all he said was the Trial will be held at our holy ground and it's here since according to him is the place where the first master has lived before and wanted to do it here for a special occasion like that” she told me and i slowly nodded my head but then she turns to me again and i look at her.

“ Does it mean you also lived here with the first master and founder of the guild?” she asked staring straight to my eyes.

I nodded my head a bit and took a deep breath before letting it out.

“ Yes..” i told her. “ Actually this was Mavis's parents house but we decided to fix some of the things here and live here too with her and Zera”

She looks at me in confusion and i chuckle a bit before starts telling her everything, on how it happened from the start that i woke up here on the island and the first thing i heard was Mavis cries. Erza seems surprised when she heard me that i found Mavis since she was a small child and i guess she can't believe it that I've been around for that long. Though she didn't say anything and just let me continue but from time to time she would interrupt me to ask some of the questions that she has and i honestly don't mind her asking some questions. For me, she was just trying to get to know me better since i wasn't always sharing some important things in my life and just talk about it to others.

Our talks had continue until late afternoon and it was already nearing four in the afternoon making my eyes widen seeing how long we've been talking but doesn't felt like it.

When she stood up and told me about doing her purpose at coming here at the island, i wave it off and told her that everything is fine and that I've been really checking the island after not coming here for a long time. She gives me a nod and a smile making my heart skip a beat seeing those soft smile of hers and i look away as i felt that my cheeks were burning.

Then Erza told me that she will take some rest since she felt a little tired and i gave her a smile that she returns before she turn around and goes to her room. And since everything in the house were clean, i decided to head outside and patrol a little checking for some things and also get some fresh fruits and hunts some for some meat before putting it all on a sack.

The sun had already set by the time i reach the house and it was getting darker now but as i reach the house and stood outside the door, there's a smell that's coming inside that makes my stomach growls smelling something delicious that makes my mouth watered. And as i step inside, i found Erza in the kitchen cooking something as she hums a tune and swaying a little. It made me shock but didn't interrupt her and just let her see me there. She was surprised to see me back and told me that she didn't notice, probably from being so caught up on her cooking. I help her set the table for two and she put the foods on the table as we both dig in, complimenting her for the delicious food and i think i saw her cheeks reddened when she looks down. And since she did all the cooking for the dinner, i told her that I'll be the one  who's going to wash the dishes, she tried to argue but i told her that she's still a guest in here making her sigh as she let me stood by the sink and washes all the dishes.

We continue to talk some more until the night had turn darker and when she let out a cute and adorable yawn.. we both decided to call it a night and head to our separate rooms after bidding each other a goodnight.